Why does Maschine scan and update library everytime?

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by tintala, Oct 23, 2016.

1. tintala

tintala NI Product Owner

I open maschine it scans and updates the library each and everytime, take 10 minutes to scan each time, rediculous, I know i can stop it from scanning vst on startup but this scanning a 5gb library everytime SUCKS... Also does anyone know if M-2 library has its own thumbnail in maschine softare under sounds? Have YET to get an answer for this.

2. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

Turn off scan on launch in preferences/library

3. tintala

tintala NI Product Owner

I know this, however is there more than one place to turn it off ? Because I do have it turned off actually. see in the attached pic. its not ticked this is under USER tab. is there another place to set this? ive had maschine for 5 yrs and I know alot about it, yet I still have issues.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

I see , no there's not another place to turn this off , I'm using a Mac and I find this works , I also have things on an external drive , so maybe a Windows issue , have you emailed support .
    Have you tried switching it to rescan on start up and rebooting then switching it back off ? Bit of a long shot .

5. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

You have both Maschine 1 and Maschine 2 factory library in your user path. Remove them both as they are factory content. The Maschine 2 library contains all of the Maschine 1 library and should be picked up on the factory side automatically. If not, then reinstall the Maschine 2 factory library. Also, what is the NATIVE INSTRUMENTS LIBRARIES? If this is also factory content then the same applies and should be removed.

Make sure to update to latest update.