why does NI implement absolute NONE of the requested features in the updates?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Frank P., Jun 27, 2019.

1. carvingcode

carvingcode NI Product Owner

Yes. Jam and MK3 are a great pair.

• Like Like x 2
  2. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Out of curiosity what genre of music do you guys make that own Jam?

3. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Incompetent :D :oops:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. certifiedbeatz

Question :rolleyes:

5. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

All sorts. Do a lot of electronic music for video games these days. Works well with Eurorack using a MIDI2CV module.

• Like Like x 2
  6. tempsperdu

I don't catergorize stuff really and I straddle lots of genres. I just start with something that seems to have something and see where it ends up so consequently there's elements of Northern Soul, Rare Groove, Electronica, House, Jazz, 'World Music,' Funk, R&B, 'Avant Garde', even C&W with the only common denominator being not knowing the anglo saxon what I'm doing...hence..Incompetent.. an all embracing non embracing form of 'music' :D

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. certifiedbeatz

Gotcha.:thumbsup::)

8. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

I'm not fond of the "views" section of Maschine, and I find it very confusing. I'm still trying to find my with the equipment, but I mostly fiddle around with the Jam and MK3. I don't record in the Maschine software, and I only record in SO1. I can capture the chords and arps using Transfuser 2 on a separate track.
    I'm waiting for the "song layer" before I start to use the Maschine to record.

9. Seta

Seta NI Product Owner

I do not know when song layer will come, I just know I do not trust NI way of doing things anymore. Today I listed my Mk3, M32, maschine expansions and Komplete 12 for sale. I rather sell now that still keeps value before it becomes the new Kore 3. I have been trying ableton for the last few weeks and it suits my needs better, and using maschine as a VST seems like a nightmare come true workflow anyway. I will keep maschine jam as with arsenal native kontrol templates it fits inside ableton quite nicely and I will also keep komplete select 11 that came with it.
    Would luck you all with maschine 3.0..If it proves to be better than ableton I will come back, but I seriously doubt it

• Like Like x 1
  10. certifiedbeatz

Okay MPC 2.6just announce time to give NI a rest for now until it's relevant again..
    MAGA (Make Akai Great Again)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. carvingcode

carvingcode NI Product Owner

Industry churn and marketing. Keeps everyone second guessing whether the grass is greener.

For me, Maschine and Kontakt offer the vast majority of what I need. I am thrilled with song production on the MKIII and Jam combo I use. I've used many other hardware and software methods. This fits the best into my experimental, chill, ambient, jazz compositions.

Peace.

• Like Like x 2
  12. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Racist! ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. certifiedbeatz

Stop it lol!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. tempsperdu

Trumpette !!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

Well then I have good news. The song layer is already available.

Seriously though, I've been using Maschine in Ableton Live lately and it's actually a really good fit. The session view works just like Maschine's ideas view, and it's really easy to integrate them. I set up a bunch of clips that trigger scenes in Maschine and saved them as presets. I can just drag them into Live, and then each scene in Live will trigger whichever scene I want in Maschine. Even better, you can make clips to trigger Maschine snapshots too, and have those launch with scenes, or trigger them independently. I could go on and on about how good the integration is.

This basically adds all the features on my wishlist for Maschine. Sure, I'd like to have more capabilities in Maschine itself, but I don't think it will ever have all the features of Ableton Live, and I also don't think it should.

16. tempsperdu

I think many believe think NI would be better served fixing what Maschine currently is and improving integration in programmes that do what Maschine can't and is very unlikely ever to be able to.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lotuz

Lotuz NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  18. tempsperdu

It's all part of being the Future Of Sound and democratising music.........although sometimes that may be a little hard to quite understand...no doubt we will one day :D

19. lwj|localspace

lwj|localspace NI Product Owner

I am dictatorialising my music lately.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. tempsperdu

We noticed :D