1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

why does NI implement absolute NONE of the requested features in the updates?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Frank P., Jun 27, 2019.

1. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

What a beautiful world. Let the sunshine in your hearts, boys and girls.

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. (Shakespeare, wasnt it? :D)

I take the recent signs as a very promising and indeed positive outlook.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ScottK

ScottK NI Product Owner

But you have said that the focus is on maschine software, which we have heard before (before new hardware drops) only for the focus to be redirected. If you want the users to have faith in what you are communicating then give us some thing to make us believe that it's going to be different this time and it's not just empty talk to sell more hardware units.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ScottK

ScottK NI Product Owner

I do have all my fingers and toes crossed that the focus is on upgrading the software and do look forward to trying them out IF/When it happens.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BigPictureSound

BigPictureSound NI Product Owner

Don't worry, the North remembers, but the internet always forgets.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. lwj|localspace

lwj|localspace NI Product Owner

Yeah just for the record. If I’m harsh that’s my honest opinion but it comes from a good place. There’s never no disrespect intended towards anyone personally and much respect for Toby, Kai and team for toughing it out in good spirit. I did a very similar job once so I know a bit what it’s like when everything is on fire and all the customers mad, haha.

Cheers guys, don’t forget to take a breather once in a while.

Now, onto da Massiv’

• Like Like x 5
  6. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Hey really move on enough of pointing out my posts.. put more energy and getting what we ask for and bug fixed.. if u put half the energy in I'm sure there would be less complaints. But give the certifiedbeatz said: a rest

7. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

I've heard it all before.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

If you stop with the comments you keep making, I wont have to point it out all the time

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. certifiedbeatz

Obviously i got under your skin.. good im glad.. it shows your not focused on bringing a better product and shutting up the critics.. you show lack of foucu on the big picture and that is consumer revenue.. i am a paying customer like thousands out there that keep the name Native instruments without us it would be sold to another niche company. I'm not here to be an a$$ i say it like it is.. I have been a manager for 17 years and my focus is to bring the best out of my company.. if that is calling out work that is updated and needs several revisions i will call that group to the carpet. So please spend less time focusing on me and helping us with what we want

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Mick @ NI

Do you even read?
    You seem to think that everything here is about you. Many people on here are critical of NI, but they do it in a non-rude way.

You pull things out of context, and only ready what you want to read. That results in a lot of negativity, and that has to end

All we ask from our members is not to be rude, that cant be that hard

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  11. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Hey if we carry on like this NI staff will go back to radio silence...

Your choice...

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. scheffkoch

scheffkoch NI Product Owner

@ mick...sorry...i know what you mean but let's not forget that the main negativity comes from ni's false promises and the way user feedback is treated...

• Like Like x 3
  13. certifiedbeatz

Last time i checked it my bank account that funds the equipment in my studio.. so no i won't stop being critical.. tone down the rudeness yes but if that means letting you continue with false promises.. then i think u need to look in the mirror. I don't know anyone on this board so its about us individually

14. Mick @ NI

See, you dont read at all. No one asks you to stop being critical, the only thing that is being asked of you is to stop being rude.

Is it really that hard?

• Like Like x 2
  15. certifiedbeatz

Okay

16. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

I think it's approaching the point where the thread should be locked, there's nothing fruitful to be had with this one, the title alone sets the tone for the kind of discussions that are going to be had in it. If it was feature requests, bug reports and some kind of hard facts, it would be different. I'm unsubbing and unwatching the thread (think it's the default for all threads I comment on) as tired of the emails on this one as it's just not true. We got MCU recently, that was requested by plenty of people, myself included.

Thank you for your hard work.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

I'm not even sure what this is about, and why you had to bring it up yet again. I was just highlighting your concern to crack down on users, before answering their questions ... and how do you respond? Your response is to misread my statement and jump back into crackdown mode. I'm not trying to argue with you, and if anything have been supportive.

Proving my point isn't being supportive on your part, hey it's nice to meet you to!

18. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

Mick @ NI Yes, the recent post from NI do look promising. Thanks for pointing that out.

19. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

Seriously though, in a "beautiful world" we wouldn't be left with dark clouds over our heads about announced features that have gone missing. We're left in the dark, with no sunshine buddy. They don't tell us it was canceled, or perhaps moved to version 3.0.
    Well it also works both ways, and the "dark side leads to fear" "Suffering leads to hate" lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

Excellent points Hammy!

• Like Like x 1