why does NI implement absolute NONE of the requested features in the updates?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Frank P., Jun 27, 2019.

1. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Well said and professional so where is nick the mod response or what ever his name is since he can call out rude behavior what is the state of a 10 year old software with idk 7 or 8 controllers being released and no customer support.. btw Akai releasing another update with in days

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

You just can't let it go, can you?
    Maybe the way you speak is acetable in your IRL personal circle but "whatever his name is" followed by saying the wrong name obviously on purpose is a really rude thing to do where I am from and according to how I was raised, I would definitively be offended by that, that should be common sense and yet you wonder why you get called out on your shenanigans and rudeness.

It's like treating a waitress like sh!t because your food had a problem, the real issue should be with the chef or manager/owner and even if addressing those there's no need to be rude.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  3. certifiedbeatz

Where im from we give waitresses 30% for top level customer service breakfest lunch and dinner.. i don't know his name really stop with the sensitivity. I don't know his name I'm on my phone not in a cubicle spell checking. You guys are qucik to respond to what you feel is negative but never respond to true customer support. By all the gripes on the forum.. this is a forum remember! ImI'glad i get called out but NI track record speaks to my shenanigans..btw isn't that rude...

4. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

Yes, certifiedbeatz comments may be characterized as being rude, but what NI is doing can be characterized by them effectively giving us the middle finger, and telling us to FO. I believe the correct term for it is "vaporware" and I'm pretty sure that's not a good term to have your company associated with. I'm not exactly sure missing features, that are officially announced would qualify as that, but it sure comes close.

They can't be all that sensitive because it''s their job to stand by and defend the company. Some things are just indefensible and unacceptable. We get the part about NI being "sensitive" but it works both ways and is not a one-way street. Ni is an amazing company, and I believe they will continue to be an industry leader. I think they get the part they made some mistakes, so we all need to move on and/or give them a chance to make amends. On one hand people can be very toxic these days, but on the other hand it's the responsibility of the company to keep its users informed, and not leave the users in the dark about missing features. In this day of social media it's all too easy, and with a powerful company like NI, it should be even easier to do.

With that being said, I think they do a tremendous job with most every thing they do. They are a world-class company for a reason, and they will eventually get around to it. What that means we don't have a clue, but some day they'll share it with us.

Edit: added emphasis.

• Like Like x 4
  5. D-One

Whos sensitive!? I haven't seen any official acting over sensitive and taking action against any user. Have you? If you did please explain.

I dont get it, hundreds of users are extremely critical here every single day yet only one complains he is censured over and over again and mixes his personal issues not being publicly addressed with customer support. Heck, I am a mod and very critical, with facts though. Everyone has the right to complain, perhaps even spam that complaint every 2 seconds, it's dang annoying for the rest of us but it's allowed.... just do it with some respect, that's not much to ask for in a civilized society.

Insisting on pushing peoples buttons and somehow having pleasure in that results in only one possible outcome no matter how patient officials are, avoiding that would be the smart option for someone who wants to stay here in the community.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

D-One sensitive in that they will respond to users being "out of line" and that is whatever they decide it to be, it is their website and we signed their agreement to use it. OTH, they seem "tough as nails" when it comes to holding firm on ignoring request for updates on missing features.
    I'm not knocking them for moderating the forum, but at this point I'm about to give the "song layer" a name and its own eulogy. I mean after so many years of being "missing" even the courts would conclude it's probably dead and buried.

I'm not agreeing with his behavior, but I am with his frustration at how it's being handled. Let's not try and now direct the "ban hammer" this way ... please, thank you. :)

Edit: I think it had a name didn't it, "Scarlet" I believe?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. D-One

Again... only one person complained about censorship and "sensitive mods" in all the years I am here... Acting like a normal person and NI issues are different subjects and to keep mixing the two makes no sense to me so I give trying to explain it. Carry on.

8. Masch1ne

Masch1ne NI Product Owner

There is a lot of NI bashing going on these days. I think we should make an NI appreciation thread to even things out.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

Let me make sure I got this straight. You trying to quote the term "sensitive mods" and at the same time trying to pull some kind of card. That's fine in my book as you are a mod, but I'll be darned if you try to deflect it once again on the users. Now it's all about how some users have "hurt" NI by voicing their concerns to them. Nobody's mixing the two except you and NI I guess. Why not just address the the concerns instead of talking about banning paying customers who may feel slightly betrayed by the broken promises. That's nice how this gets turned around for them

Masch1ne so what should we do build effigies of them and start worshiping them now. I don't understand why we can't both praise and be critical of them at the same time. I think buying their products, and continuing to buy and support them is a good start on appreciating NI.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

There may be a clue in the first part of the user name...........................:confused::eek::p:D

11. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

This is universal. It is not too much expected from a (every) human being.

• Like Like x 2
  12. certifiedbeatz

Put the energy in user requests on this forum really care about what we want instead of playing middle man send these topics to the marketing team.. do something but deflect ..

13. Old Mike

I didn't mean you or somebody else with my post.
    I read the posts without specifically connections to any user. This is my attitude, based on common sense of human rights. I feel absolute no neccesarity to play the 'middle man'. I would do the same, if NI would react like this.

14. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

I'm not defending the actions of the company I work with, go read back my posts from last week, to see how often I said its okay to be critical of NI.

The thing is, this is an official company forum for users from all over the world, who come from very different backgrounds. What some people consider "talking straight and from the heart", is considered to be rude by the vast majority of people on here. Some people here seem to go by the number of replies, and think the activity is not so high. But there are many people who just read and dont reply. We get a lot of post reports from people who dont like the rude tone that is often displayed here

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

We should be good on this, and I'm not sure why you all still seem to be so ... uh, what's the word I'm looking for here? I think just because I joke about some of you swinging the "ban hammer" my way is just that ... a joke.
    You just want to cherry pick one part, and present it out of context. I don't even know why we having this conversation, when this is a non-issue in the first place. Once again instead of addressing the underlying concern, and downplaying your role.

Please explain to me how you're not defending by rehashing the same old thing, instead of rehashing the missing features list. You are seem to be doing a good job, but let's not let this little bump in the road get in our way. Thanks!

16. Old Mike

I don't even know if Matt meant your words or statements.

But some things just cannot be tolerated, if it is relevant for the topic or not.

And in my eyes this is to get personally in an inappropriate manner, insult somebody else one do not even know personally or to offend people.

And I did not mean you, just to let you know. This is an global thing.;)

17. Old Mike

And: This means also, that one might read posts twice, think about what could be meant and if not, to ask what was meant.

To consider that the statement not necessarily be meant by the way it could perhaps be interpreted of someone who is might emotionally involved in the specific thread.
    And to consider different meanings to it before feeling attacked personally if it wasnt opposed to or meant.

18. certifiedbeatz

Lol no it wasn't intended for you just a general statement

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Old Mike

Oh, okay. That was what I meant in my previous post; its easy to misunderstand things, especially if English is not your Native Language. :D:D:D:p

• Like Like x 1
  20. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Anyone fancy a game of pong?

• Funny Funny x 3