1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

why does NI implement absolute NONE of the requested features in the updates?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Frank P., Jun 27, 2019.

1. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Oops that didn't last long innit :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Just a heads up mate; D-One isn't an employee of NI, he's a volunteer who works hard keeping the forum clear of spam and dispensing some really solid support where some people might have otherwise not had their question answered or problem solved.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

D-One And it's funny as you claim to not be sensitive, and you made sure you "disliked" my post. All I was trying to say is that you all seem more willing to respond to and label "trouble" users, than you do to legitimate request for the missing features. How many years will this have to go on, where you vilify users for saying things that you claim don't bother you.
    I'm still trying to figure out if you are purposely trying to deflect for the company, but turning the issue around for them. This is suppose to be about NI.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. HammyHavoc

Like I said, he isn't responsible for missing features or anything that's happened at a corporate level, he's just like you and me, and dedicates his free time to trying to make this forum a viable community. As someone who was a mod for Gamespot way back in the 00s, people don't understand the amount of effort that goes into keeping a forum usable from spam and trouble whilst trying to dish out usable information. It's a pretty thankless task.

• Like Like x 1
  5. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Yeah he keeps up with comments that i have said.. oh man this board is only open to praise the mods and NI never been somewhere that can't take it.. i have been with cubase for 13 years and post what i want on there forum.. not here again Mods post something about what coming up if u don't want rude and negative comments

6. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

Yes, and I've praised D-One in the past, but now he's trying to hone in on me for some reason. They keep trying to make an issue out of nothing, and totally avoid the main issue. It's kind of hard to claim you're not something, when you're actually doing it. D-One is representing the company as a Moderator for their forum. Paid or not.

7. HammyHavoc

I don't know about that. I've been massively critical of NI, I really stuck it to them until I saw results. Most viewed thread over on the KK sub: https://www.native-instruments.com/...ol-mk2-due-to-ni-removing-mcu-support.329081/
    I took it to their social media, I took it to their employees. I'd argue I was unfair at times, but hey, I'm passionate, my colleague is blind, we sunk a lot of money into upgrading to KKMK2s, we're as invested as anyone. NI are pretty liberal about criticism because that's all a part of the user feedback loop. I won't drop the name of where I've experienced censorship over issues, but it's pretty uncensored here, even when it gets relatively uncivil. I've been in the position of venting at D-One, I've been in the position of venting at Mick.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

Yeah, but the whole conversation has been about how open NI has been on the forums, so that's not the issue. I will have to pass, because the question is suppose to be about NI. Yet now the issue is with the customer? Great customer service.

9. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

Yeah I don't get it, they clearly haven't banned you, yet they keep bringing it up. I mentioned it because they seemed to respond to that, but not to questions of the missing features. Now they trying to conveniently label me as a "troublemaker."
    I'm sorry, I won't bring up the missing features again. Is that better?

10. Masch1ne

Masch1ne NI Product Owner

I've been married to my MK3 since 2017. Its a love hate relationship.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. certifiedbeatz

I have been divorced from Studio since '17 and engaged to A25 which isn't working out.. lol

12. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

It's the last time i'll reply to this.

- He was warned officially several times before, and temp banned before, the forum has a pretty light hand and it takes a lot for someone to get permabanned, sometimes he apologizes and chills for a few months then gets back to his old behavior eventually, it's a cycle that has been happening for years and you would know if you were here for longer or cared enough to do some research before talking.
    - You're the one bringing it up, everyone was already cracking jokes and had moved on...
    - No one labeled YOU as a troublemaker, certified however fits that title perfectly, if you care about facts and who you're defending than check the history, if you dont care about the history then I am not sure why you're defending his behavior.
    - I rarely dislike any comments, I have given 10 dislikes total since 2010, I am not sensitive I just really dislike what you're implying, especially after all i've done here.
    - No one ever tried to silence you. If anyone wanted that it could be done in 1 second, dont start a "the forum is trying to silence me" movement like certified did before than apologized... pls...

And ultimately:
    - You crying because me or Mick call out Certified for his shenanigans and dont respond to "Missing Features" is just ridiculous, none of us have the power to reply to that and none of us are "NI", that should be obvious but apparently, it's not. I also want an answer to that question, that should also be obvious.

It looks like you want someone to be the villain and the face of NI for you to vent of your frustration with the software, if it makes you happy go ahead, just remember those same people you're pointing your finger to agree with you (and everyone else in this thread) and have done a lot to try to change the state of things.... If you still dont get it.. your problem.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

D-One , and I'm sorry about the miscommunication, but I don't think you were actually trying to ban me. I was more or less saying that I didn't want to even be spotted by the ban radar, but I guess that mission didn't succeed. hahaha

14. tempsperdu

I really would like to say how much I love your sense of humour

I realy really really would.................................................................

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

I'm now crying? Thank you very much for such wonderful service! Very professional.

16. tempsperdu

You seem to keep living with your divorcees as if that's going to help make it work out.......................interesting concept if perhaps a little flawed. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

certifiedbeatz When have I "sided" with you, and didn't I even ask you to tone it down? It should be noted that he kindly responded to it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. certifiedbeatz

Okay great points shenanigans and so on...

19. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

My service here is free, I dont have to act professionally because I am not a professional moderator. I am just a regular user like you with a couple of extra perms.

I do think I address people respectfully, if you disagree than report me, I really dont care one bit but I really wasn't trying to be offensive by using the word "cry", when I am out of line, wrong or offend someone with no intention I am not too proud to apologize, it happens sometimes. Dont think I am somehow salty or dislike you, I tried explaining the "why" repeatedly but it doesn't look we are going to reach an agreement, so there's really no point. If I think you're wrong in the future I just won't quote or engage in conversation, it's all good, no hard feelings.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

That was my fault and doing the very thing that I claimed that you did. You right in that I read more into that then was intended. That's all I was saying that you were doing with me. I didn't know all of that about the other person I won't name, but I can now understand the problem a bit more. I shouldn't have joked about you banning me, and I can understand how you would take that personally.

• Like Like x 2