1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Why is IMASCHINE getting no attention?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Hebreww, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Hebreww

Hebreww NI Product Owner

Hi,
    Is there any update coming soon?
    This is not fare against the IMASCHINE community that loves to see improvement in IMaschine app.

give us at least reason..??

Kai @ NI

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  2. Hebreww

Hebreww NI Product Owner

Nobody cares huh????

3. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

I'd love an android version. FL studio mobile works very well on android with no latency

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hebreww

Hebreww NI Product Owner

I wish I could imagine that there is an understanding why such a beautiful program does not see it uniqueness.

5. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

SOrry, a bit too deep for me there

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

There are other priorities at this moment (M+) but let's hope the new ARMacs makes NI looking deeper on merging desktop and mobile apps and also brings compatibility for the hardware (making them more class compliant or Apple leaving third party install drivers on the iPadOS 14...)

• Like Like x 1
  7. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

+100,000 :D

8. quiet

quiet NI Product Owner

Love iMaschine here...

Hope NI haven’t forgotten her.

9. adic27

adic27 NI Product Owner

Never knew they the latency issue. So, I wonder what excuse NI uses now...

10. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

They have many such as road map, priorities etc etc

11. Hebreww

Hebreww NI Product Owner

It looks a lot worse. I'm afraid they Simply don't care.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass NI Product Owner

I have been using it lately and I like it for drums and melodic kits but I hate the keyboard and the mic. Maschine does so well with the scale and chord modes on the controllers, they should just go with that, so much more useful and playable! If they added the following update it would make imaschine much more useful to me:

1) swap busted keyboard for 4x4 scale and chord modes
    2) swap the mic for a stripped down sampler (loop mode would be awesome)
    3) enable Maschine Mikro MK3 hardware to control the app
    4) piano roll view of sequencer
    5) ability to sequence and sample other apps like Animoog

This would be sooooooooo much damn fun to bring everywhere! Also, if they did add a decent sampler/audio module to Maschine I would prefer 24bit but I wouldn't sweat it too much.

I suspect this will not happen in the near future because it would cut into M+ sales. But if they made it to where you could "airdrop" to Maschine+ that would potentially help.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hebreww

Hebreww NI Product Owner

Yes these are great points you made for improvement.

what about using kontakt instruments in IMaschine, recording Or edit vocals would be so supreme.

I like to export all stems to another app but this not possible. Why Only individually?
    IT would Definitely be nice to have Some kind of option where u can controle the attack and release from the choke function with a envelope or threshold type of manner.

What can I say it stilL a great app with limitation.

14. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Too much limitations yes... And transferring projects to Maschine could be more intuitive. Why making artists job so difficult and frustrating :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. OhulahanBass

With apple going ARM we may see Kontakt 7 iOS compatible in a couple years...

• Like Like x 1
  16. OhulahanBass

Have you tried it lately? I just timed it, took me less than 30sec to air drop to my Mac and open in Maschine.

Now exporting from Maschine to iMaschine would be a cool addition. I could see my self doing that for project that has me stumped. Like your in the studio and something about one of your rhythms isn't right, so you port a dumbed down version to iOS just incase you suddenly have a spontaneous burst of creativity (happens to me on runs, like every day), you open the app thump it out, close the amp and pull the rhythm up on your computer when you get home.

• Like Like x 2
  17. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

At this point, I think it would be really cool to see even a basic sampling app come to Android with direct integration with Maschine's sample library so we can edit and organize our libraries remotely, from anywhere. I record a lot of foley and ambiances whilst outdoors, it would be nice to be immediately able to tag it/name it/whatever right in the moment, then have it ready to use in a 'latest' category/filter/view waiting for me in Maschine when I sit down in front of it.

Ideally P2P rather than cloud storage too, I have a disgustingly large sample library of recordings. As it stands, I use Resilio Sync for Business, and whilst it's very good, it's convoluted, overkill for this purpose (so inaccessible to most people, and not available on Maschine+ either) and the sample library still needs organizing after the fact, when I'd rather sit down and make music than sit down and organize what I recorded days or weeks ago. I think I speak for the majority when I say that managing sample libraries on Maschine still needs improvement. It's good, but it's not ideal.

For me, removing the 'pain points' and friction in a workflow to make it fast, fun, and inspiring is key. Like, I don't need a port of iMaschine to Android, though I would love to have one, but there's also other, smaller things I'd like too that could equally save me time and make my life easier.

Heck, NI could even offer small stereo mics if they're wondering how to monetize the app. I'd be a day one customer if the app allowed me to organize and edit my library remotely even just to add tags.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  18. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Unfortunately, my sole apple portable device tops at iOS 9 so IAM out of this game. But my only experience was dealing with exports from it and it wasn't great.

19. Hebreww

Hebreww NI Product Owner

Yes I have projects from iMaschine that I like to import again but this is impossible??

we will overcome.

20. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

I think they should definitely take iMaschine more seriously. It's actually a pretty sweet app for quick jams, and it's what got me interested in the full version of Maschine, which led to me buying a mk3, then upgrading to Komplete 12 UCE to get all the expansions. So…marketing people, if you're reading this…yeah.

• Like Like x 3