1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Why is traktordj always "recording"?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ (for iPhone and iPad)' started by frankle, Mar 20, 2014.

1. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

I'm not one to record what I'm doing with TraktorDJ, and I have explicitly denied it using the microphone, yet when I exit the application while playing my iPad has the red top banner with "Traktor DJ (Recording)" in it ...

WHY? There is no reason for it to be monitoring any input.

Not that I'm having any issues with my original iPad Mini, I have about 200 tracks on it from the last few weeks sets (push track list out from Traktor Pro 2.6.8 after my sets), and use it as a backup when playing out or for demo's at work ... But it must be using up some resources however small which for people with iPad 2 or the original mini like mine (both use the same A5 chip) that are having problems might appreciate having back.

2. trance alba

trance alba Forum Member

I think it's just the default banner for letting you know that there is a dedicated audio app still working in the background. Not sure why it says recording, mine does it too, it's probably just a reminder in case you were recording the mix.

I've noticed that after upgrading from iOS 6 to 7.1, with an S2 Mk2, that if I don't have traktor as the viewed screen, the audio sync starts to go, and can't be returned unless I disconnect and reconnect the S2.

3. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

No banner when I have TuneIn app playing ... Or recording for that matter!

I do get a red banner for Shazam but it's using the mic so that makes sense.

4. trance alba

trance alba Forum Member

You get the same banner with voice memo, Evernote, GarageBand, loopy etc, because those apps can save audio streams, and whether you're using them to record or not, if you close them with audio playing, the red banner has the word "recording."

My guess, Tunein doesn't because it's saving the incoming data stream, not the playing audio.