Why Reaktor 6 MIDI dropping to Maschine?

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by R(i*3)o, Jan 1, 2020.

1. R(i*3)o

R(i*3)o New Member

Hi All!

Hoping to get a little insight from experienced reaktor users.
    Can anyone think of any reasons my Reaktor MIDI output might drop? Top of their heads?

I'm using loopbe30 full, where no shortcuts have been detected.
    Upon loading Reaktor 6, it will play MIDI notes for a short time then drop out.
    OSC I/O works fine still. MIDI tunnel seems fine.
    Restarting Reaktor 6 Fixes the problem, which soon happens again.~

Have been using it successfully daily until today, no updates were installed or anything.
    Insights required.

Regards,
    Rio

2. R(i*3)o

R(i*3)o New Member

It is quite strange activity, The MIDI doesn't completely drop out, Another instrument in the same ensemble can continue to send MIDI.

Going to try break up the MIDI outputs, see if I can narrow down any problems.

3. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Your first post: which ens do you use in Reaktor 6? and which ens in your second post?

4. R(i*3)o

R(i*3)o New Member

Thanks for your reply Paule.

Both instruments within the ensemble are merely clock driven event tables sending to a midi chan out.

The first inst holds 16 tables for a drum sequencer to MIDI output 1, chan 1-16.
    The second a single table for an arp MIDI output 2 chan 1.

It worked fine NYE, I was using it all night.
    The only thing I changed, was a Note off Macro, which has since been removed, yet the problem still persists.
    It's a strange one..

5. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

If it had a good function with Note Off macro and a bad without this macro: the result put in the Note Off macro again.

6. R(i*3)o

R(i*3)o New Member

As if I hadn't tried that and every other possibility before bothering the forums here...
    That came across a little rude frankly.
    "Have you turned it off and on again - IT crowd"

I've been using variations of this patch for nearly 3 years.
    The problem i'm asking about, is midi dropping out in Reaktor during use.
    Not the replacement of Note off macro (there are many variations).

7. R(i*3)o

R(i*3)o New Member

Ok. Issue closed.
    I'll post pics and explanation of the culprit asap, strange bug.

8. colB

colB NI Product Owner

Not sure what you're expecting when you don't post the ensemble or even a pic of it, just a hazy description. How is anyone supposed to provide any meaningful help without meaningful details of the problem?

• Like Like x 2
  9. R(i*3)o

R(i*3)o New Member

;) That was like asking have you turned it off and back on though.

Clairvoyance.. obviously.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Quietschboy

Quietschboy NI Product Owner

This seems to be a BUG. I have the same problem of loss of MIDI output to Maschine or, for test, just to a MIDI monitor via virtual MIDI cable.
    If you can live with one single MIDI Output device, go to Audio and MIDI Settings in Reaktor´s File Menu and deactivate all unused MIDI Outputs, so that only that one you need is left (beeing activated / On).
    That might help. If you need more than one MIDI receiption device from your Ensemble, then...we just can hope for a fix. (NI is informed already)

Please give feedback if that helped.
    Mark

test environment and repro.jpg

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  11. Quietschboy

Quietschboy NI Product Owner

Which Reaktor version? Always multiple MIDI out?

oh, i overread that! Would you please give us your insights?

• Like Like x 1
  12. R(i*3)o

R(i*3)o New Member

Quietschboy! Thanks for your reply :)

I had encountered the same issue! After lots of messing around with various mediums, LoopBe30 (for a small purchase) solved that issue.
    I had some luck with Copperlan/Loopmidi before that, but LoopBe30 has been solid, no issues running 16 virtual midi, even with unused open.
    hope this helps you out!
    (Maschine 2.0, Reaktor 6 (latest) )

As for my issue above, I still don't have a complete explanation to be honest.
    Rechecked everything with ACEW and midiOX, all my sequencer note-on/off messages were playing up, where they were not before.
    In frustration (and after lots of wasted time), I literally rebuilt the note IO macro exactly the same in a new macro box, now everything is working fine again.
    I wish I could explain it better.. Posting two photos of the same macro seems a waste of time.

Thanks for your time. :)
    Regards