Why release Traktor Pro 3

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Qwert19, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Qwert19

Qwert19 New Member

Why release Traktor Pro 3 if it's not fully supported by The D2 or X1 unless you are going to update the D2 and X1 with models that support it properly? It's nearly been a year out and still no hardware out to support TP3 other than the 2 new controllers s4mk3 and s2.

What are DJs who use a traktor certified mixer like a Xone 96 suppose to do?

I think Allen & Heath have backed a lemon here making the Xone 96 Traktor only.

Yours sincerely a confused and potential customer

2. Kn4llFr0sch

Kn4llFr0sch NI Product Owner

The D2 and the X1 are fully supported.
    I play stems, i use the remix decks while playing. Not a single issue here.

BTW: D2 is discontinued. Maybe we will see some new single deck Controller in the near future

3. Qwert19

Qwert19 New Member

then why are people on here saying you cannot fully control tp3 filters on either d2 or x1 and tp3 is nearly a year old and still no sign of a d3 or x2

4. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

Because the D2 and X1 control the decks, so there are no controls for the mixer filters. You need a controller with mixer controls (like the Z1) for that.

Traktor Pro 3 supports all the hardware that Pro 2 supports, so there is no need for new hardware.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Qwert19

Qwert19 New Member

so only was for someone to use tp3 filters that uses a stand alone mixer is to buy a z1?

what a crock of sh*t

6. Qwert19

Qwert19 New Member

Out for near on a year and still no way to control the filters unless using the s4mk3 / s2 toy controllers

7. Strange Matter

Strange Matter NI Product Owner

You sure about that? I was playing with mapping those when I first got it. Only reason I abandoned them was because they didn't sound good enough to be worth remapping my setup to accommodate them

8. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

Nope, you can map any MIDI controller with knobs to TP3's Mixer FX. The Z1, Z2, S2, S4, S5 and S8 will all work out of the box.

9. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

There really is no need for that tone. People here are trying to help you. You can map the TP3 filter to any MIDI knob:

Attached Files:

10. Mick @ NI

11. Strange Matter

Strange Matter NI Product Owner

12. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

if you need a man size controller to make you a better dj take a look at the DDJ SZ, when youve had enough lugging that around come back to a s4 mk3, ive been down that road too...........

• Like Like x 1
  13. hellnegative

hellnegative NI Product Owner

Your post is true. Large controllers are not the business. However, I think OP might be a DVS user. We still have yet to see any mention of an updated Z2 (aside from a post from NI asking what we would like to see in it) or an X1 MK3.

14. Kevin Becher

Kevin Becher NI Product Owner

Don't hold your breath for that to happen :)

15. Qwert19

Qwert19 New Member

Correct I use turntables and wanted to use Xone 96 mixer so just wanted to access TP3 effects and I'm now discovering options to do that or lack of options rather is a bit of a joke ..

16. Qwert19

Qwert19 New Member

why would i want to purchase a controller when I would be using turntable dvs with xone 96 mixer. Seems stupid that there just isn't hardware out from NI that works for the effects in tp3.

17. Mick @ NI

Now you're talking about effects, before it was the filter. If you are looking for a dedicated controller for effects, why not by a Faderfox controller and map it to your liking?

18. [chris b]

[chris b] NI Product Owner

Why would you be using the filter in traktor when you have a xone 96?

What exactly is it you're wanting? You're all over the place. You're asking why you would want to buy a controller, then saying it's stupid that there isn't hardware out there. Literally in the same paragraph.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Qwert19

Qwert19 New Member

Well clearly because I want to use the tp3 effects as well as the xone 96 is that hard for you to work out? but NI don't event have hardware out to do it for people in that situation ,, One year on and still no way to access color effects for turntable users with a zone 96

20. Qwert19

Qwert19 New Member

Why have NI no hardware out that comes mapped with dedicated buttons for Traktor Pro 3. One year on now and no real option other than the s4mk3, But not everyone wants a small plastic s4 with tiny jogs some people want turntable dvs and a proper mixer like xone 96 so why are you not updating the D2 or something similar that supports tp3 full color effects and filters etc.

Not everyone is a mapping pro ..

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019