Will it really happen on 27-06-2019?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by René must be Unique, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Toby @ NI

Toby @ NI NI Product Owner

Well that's set me up nicely for the day, thanks so much HammyHavoc!

• Like Like x 1
  2. ScottK

ScottK NI Product Owner

Will this be a upgrade? Or a new version?
    As in will it overwrite the old version or will it be a separate install ?

3. Toby @ NI

It's a totally separate product.

• Like Like x 3
  4. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

so a totally separate product where user cannot upgrade to? What are the new features?

5. Toby @ NI

That is correct, it's a different synthesizer in the Massive product range, not an upgrade from the original product. As for the specific feature set I am not sure as it's not my product, but perhaps this webpage can help:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/synths/massive-x/

Thanks,

Toby

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. kaotik78

kaotik78 NI Product Owner

Woke up, fired up NA first thing, hit refresh....soon!!!! Hopefully tonight?

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Taking back Kontrol! I read it on the side of a bus (pre-fader).

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Sonicbaz

Sonicbaz New Member

I absolutely love Maschine. Use it standalone with my mk3 and a mbp. Its an amazing piece of software and using it to write music for live performances. Keep up the great work!

• Like Like x 3
  9. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

Sometimes I ask myself if people at NI love Maschine as much as the users do..... because if they did, things should surely be in better shape.

10. Toby @ NI

I can only speak for myself but Maschine is front and centre in my studio, it is in every single musical idea I put together. I love it to bits and I'm super happy that I get to contribute to making it even better for all of us. I'm not blind though, I acknowledge that there are areas that could be improved, and all I can say is that right now we are focusing on things that are a priority to a lot of you guys.

I'd also just like to say a big thank you to everyone who has said positive things about Maschine in this thread, it means a hell of a lot to me and the rest of the team.

!!!!THANKS!!!!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  11. Toby @ NI

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  12. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

The reason a good many of us are so critical of Maschine is because we love it. We wouldn't be so passionate about it if we didn't... but it's not without it;s frustrations LOL;)

1.6GB btw :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

thank you. I guess i'll pay for it because the older version looks so clunky an outdated and i still have trouble using it. I'm debating on whether to learn the older version a bit more first.

14. v00d00ppl

v00d00ppl NI Product Owner

If you didn't want to learn the old version you might as well start from a clean slate and learn this synth instead. Plus this interface is scalable even for an Apple 5k display.

15. lwj|localspace

lwj|localspace NI Product Owner

The old one is easier to learn though and then this one will be easier to get a handle on... and appreciate.

Old Massive looks a bit old but definitely isn’t dated. Add some sweet saturation, a good reverb and it’s still a really great sounding synth.

Same for FM8 and Absynth. I bet a lot of people ignore these because they look a bit old. Their loss though.

16. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Absolutely all the mentioned synths are great and it can be really inspiring to open one up you maybe haven't use that much and start to play and experiment with - in my case fm8 or absynth, in case of fm8 it's the synthesis that's not that easy I guess, absynth lives from the performer envelopes and that can be also tricky, so I always felt comfortable with massive and now massive x but both have really deep great functionality

Uwe

17. lwj|localspace

lwj|localspace NI Product Owner

Yeah fm8 can be weird to get into, but it helps if you just treat it like a subtractive synth at first and then experiment with adding FM from there. I don’t pretend to understand it either but I usually end up with something cool.

I think there’s a bit of Absynth in Massive X. They’re different synths, but with the reverb and noise oscillator in X you can definitely make those kinds of hybrid organic sounds Absynth is good at. Some of the wavetables seem geared to that sort of thing with the bell like timbres and such.