1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Will my mac run well with Komplete 12?

Discussion in 'ABSYNTH' started by mikeviani, Jun 5, 2020.

1. mikeviani

mikeviani New Member

Hey this is more of a general question but I'm looking to get Komplete 12 but I'm not sure if my macbook can handle it. Here's what I know about my mac.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
    Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 8GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Would this work well or should I look into getting a computer with more RAM?

2. Captain Blasto

Captain Blasto NI Product Owner

I had this exact same laptop when I got my MK3 last year, and found that it was struggling to use the Maschine software with more than a few tracks going. I ended up upgrading my MacBook Pro to last year's 15" model. My current specs are :

MacBook Pro 15-inch, 2018
    Processor 2.6 Ghz 6-core Intel Core i7
    Memory 16GB 2400 MHz DDR4
    Graphics Radeon Pro 560x 4GB

I think the dedicated GPU helps a good bit with some of the more visual plugins, as well. I have not had any issues from a performance perspective when making music since the upgrade.

3. mikeviani

mikeviani New Member

Hmmmm okay. Do you think I would have a problem with Komplete if you had an issue with Maschine?

4. Captain Blasto

Captain Blasto NI Product Owner

Well, Komplete is just a collection of software. So you might run one thing fine and struggle with a different product in the Komplete bundle. If you're talking about the Komplete Kontrol application, it will probably run OK, as it's just a browser/host for other plugins. But if you're trying to load multiple instances of it into a DAW, maybe not so much.