1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Will there be an update of iMaschine?

Discussion in 'iMaschine' started by torben_elvers, May 14, 2013.

1. kaotik78

kaotik78 NI Product Owner

Highly doubt they'll update it. It's fun to fiddle with in a pinch but I'd rather sit in front of my MKII than tap on glass.

2. BombBeats71

BombBeats71 Forum Member

Imaschine is dead people ... Forget about it.
    NI doesn't care so it's hopeless.

3. 75er

75er Forum Member

iMaschine never was more than a toy for me.

What I'd really like to see is Maschine Remote, similar to Logic Remote.
    Damn, that would be so nice having a touchscreen mixer and stuff.

4. mikehuckaby@hotmail.com

mikehuckaby@hotmail.com NI Product Owner

i hope zoo, i have projesct sand samples that are stuck within it. exporting seems to be not working again.

mike

5. Dopplgngr

Dopplgngr New Member

Well, as the Traktor DJ for iPad and Maschine 2.0 teams delivered in 2013, I suppose they now have both experience & resources to work on Maschine for iPad "Pro".

Wouldn't be surprised to see the same price point $19.99 and "pro" features for Maschine customers only to avoid revenue cannibalization.

And can't imagine any Maschine owner NOT to buy - so, this rationale keeps me optimistic for 2014 ;-)

6. BombBeats71

BombBeats71 Forum Member

I would be optimistic if a hint of such a venture would come from NI.
    But they never respond or hardly post anything here.

They could do a great job easily, especially if they simply peek at the competition they know what to build and what they can even improve on and make the best portable beatproduction software on the market. People, have no issues paying upto $20 for proper software.
    NI is all about software but with Imaschine it seems as if this is made by a different company.

I wish i could say i was optimistic but i hope you are right and they prove me wrong.

7. biggcess

biggcess NI Product Owner

Well it's 2015 and we still have yet to see a "Pro" version of iMaschine.

The messed up thing is that the most requested item for it is the addition of a sequencer and NI has failed to include even that.

I still have the app and buy the app expansions in hopes that I will one day be able to update my current version of iMaschine to, or buy, a "Pro" version and (fingers crossed) buy a portable controller that I can use with my iPad/iPhone while on the road.

Here's an idea for NI, how about a Pro version of the app that can only be used by Maschine owners and unlocks more capabilities of the app when plugged into the controller. The Traktor cable that came with the S4 should suffice.

There you go. You're welcome.