1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Will Traktor 3.x eventually support vinyl emulation?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by adamburton, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamburton

adamburton NI Product Owner

I searched but couldn't find the answer..I'll take my beating if this is a dumb question.

Native Girl said...
    "traktor scratch is missing the following features compared to the (upcoming) traktor 3.3: [no broadcasting, no sync functions at all, limited looping abilities, only 2 decks, no customizable gui, only 3 fixed layouts]"

This is a step back from the features I have now with Traktor 3.2 + FS...so my question is this.

Is the plan eventually for Traktor 3.3 (or 3.x) to support Audio 8 and vinyl emulation? If so when?

Thanks

2. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

Traktor 3.3 will bring the ability to use the Audio 8 and Traktor Scratch Timecode vinyl. Hope that helps.

3. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

According to the NI site, all current versions of Traktor 3 that are shipping from NI have Traktor Scratch functionality. At least that's how I read it.

4. society

society NI Product Owner

But only @ Traktor 3.3 which will be released soon

5. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

As society has pointed out, 3.3 will be the first version to support Traktor Scratch functionality.

3.2.0 and below support the (now) competing time code from a previous hardware partner. All versions between 3.2.0 and 3.3 have *no* time code support at all.

6. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

you mean 3.2.2

7. society

society NI Product Owner

No 3.2.2 has no FS2 Support!

8. AudioRapture

In what context? Between 3.2.0 and 3.3 are at least 3.2.1 and 3.2.2. Who knows whether there will be other patches before 3.3 finally comes down the pipe?

9. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

That's what I'm sayin, he said all versions between 3.2.0 and 3.3 have no timecode support. Which isn't a true statement because I have 3.2.1 and it has FS2 support, whereas 3.2.2 does not, but 3.3 WILL have TS support.

10. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

It WAS announced that 3.3 will be the next release, which should be by May 1st.

And to be specific, 3.2.1 was actually 3.2.085 ...at least on the Mac side.

11. AudioRapture

12. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

Well, 3.2.0.085 I just call it 3.2.1 ... blah..

13. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

spyral, it's very important to be exact here since we had and surely will have people with scratchamps that upgrade without reading the readme and then finding out that they now have no FS control.

so to be crystal clear:

3.2.0.080 (PC) and 3.2.0.085 (MAC) are the LAST VERSIONS with FS support.

3.3 will be the FIRST VERSION with traktor scratch support.
    (this answers the initial question!)

indeed, the versions between wont have the one or the other.
    and yes, the text on the website is mistakable.

to avoid further confusion, i close this now.

*closed*

14. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

Also check the changelog thread for the details. Quartz keeps it up to date with all the releaxe notes info which spells this stuff out. It may seem like we're splitting hairs here but crossing version numbers up with release version will do bad things for the FS2 community. They are annoyed enough without adding to their confusion.

unLive From Seattle,
    Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.