1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Will we be notified by email on 1.1 Beta?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mr Mahogany, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Mahogany

Mr Mahogany NI Product Owner

I'd like to stop checking this forum and I know mods and users who don't need the update are frustrated with those trying to find out when they'll get what they paid for (i.e. "lost in the flow").

Will NI do an emailing when the Public Beta is ready?

2. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

that is not how it worked on the Battery Forum. on that forum there was a public announcement by Thomas, and a new Subforum was created.

i presume the same will happen here.

sowari

3. John-Paul

John-Paul NI Product Owner

The kontakt public beta was also done in the same manner.
    I'd assume that a precedence is in effect. Wait and see I suppose! :)

4. Funky D

Funky D Forum Member

You could possibly subscribe to the Maschine update thread? (Thread Tools drop-down, "Subscribe to this thread") I'm guessing this thread will be updated when the public beta is released...

5. vinceprice

vinceprice NI Product Owner

It is September 1rst woooooooh! Still no update!

6. Mr Mahogany

Please ask that users be notified by email. I'm tired of checking , and would really like to help out the fans of N.I. , the Mods and all that want a "happy" forum by staying away.

All of our info is on file ; should be simple to do.

7. sowari

sorry, but i won't do that as this is not how public beta tests are done.

i suggest you check back once a week. you could also send a message to Thomas at NI, if you want.

sowari

8. dopebeat

dopebeat NI Product Owner

waiting and waiting

checking this forum for update 5times everyday!

i never thought shortly means could be 5 months ^^

9. rocadaburn

rocadaburn Forum Member

sad but true - See a software product beeing released and wait a year until the full range of bugless features and benefits is available :S

of course maschine wil be a great product, I guess this won`t be in 2009 anymore :-(

My only hope is that the 'full range' won`t be in a 2.0 Version which will take another 580 bucks...

10. res308

res308 Forum Member

you can get notified for new posts by mail, in your acount options...

11. Cliffy

Cliffy Forum Member

Hope there's an announcement soon :)

12. unknown stranger

unknown stranger NI Product Owner

email notification... who cares about that?
    anyways, im checking this forum more often than my mail account. :lol:

13. jessem

jessem Forum Member

Wonder if the new version of Komplete will come out before the beta. lol.

14. vanysh

vanysh Forum Member

I was under the impression that the update was prompted automatically when you start the program.

15. dopebeat

dopebeat NI Product Owner

NO! don't give me that scary joke! Ha....ha...h...a....h.....a...hmmm.....

16. jbone1313

jbone1313 NI Product Owner

Why don't y'allz subscribe to the update thread?

17. Mr Mahogany

Subscribing to threads means you have to look at replies that are irrelevant to an update. I'm tired of the mean spirit of some posters who actually seem angry that users who paid for advertised "daw integration" actually want it now. I'm tired of the "take what we give you and like it" or "stop complaining and be lucky you have it" attitude of some NI personnel. I personally just want the update and be done with this section of the NI forum.

You know I have approx $1500 invested in NI with all the products purchased over the years and yet the mod at the NI forum isn't even willing to suggest to the Beta team that users be notified when Maschine will be able to be used as adverised when purchased. I have approx$ 400 spent on Propellarheads products over the years and they sent me an invite for the public beta of their new Record software.

Not hard for me to see which company is better managed.

18. sowari

different companies have different methods of communication and it has to be said that some companies are better at communication, full stop.

whilst i refused to suggest a change in company policy regarding beta tests and how this was communicated, i did email the one of the main Maschine developers and politely suggested that NI needs to get this sorted a.s.a.p. i can't give details of the answer, but it was encouraging.

and i have suggested that you send a PM to or of NI's employers if you want to change the way they do things. but personally i think the way that they announce beta test is fine, so i don't see why i have to forward one person's opinion when i don't agree with it.

i do however - repeatedly - forward people's frustration about Maschine and the features that they
    want with future update releases. Eric also does this.

btw, if you think Maschine Users are being hard done by, here is a quote from the Reaktor forum:

Reaktor 5 was released in 2005, we won't get Reaktor 6 until 2010 :|

sowari

19. GavinR

GavinR NI Product Owner

Wish this update would hurry up.... My maschine has been back in the box for weeks now! Not going to use it again till I can get some midi out of it.....!

20. jbone1313

jbone1313 NI Product Owner

I wasn't trying to be mean spirited, if that's what you were intimating.

I'm pretty sure they don't allow user replies on those update threads, so I don't think you'll have to worry about being inundated with replies.

I've done my share of whining around here, and I want the update just as fast as anybody.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.