Wish : Midi drum library : built into Battery

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by gregohb, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregohb

gregohb NI Product Owner

I am a big fan of Battery and bought 1, 2, and 3 but I noticed that Submersible Drumcore and Addictive Drums have big midi libraries built in - so its much faster to set up drums. I hope Battery 4 will have this, or even Battery 3.1.

2. thelocalhost

thelocalhost NI Product Owner

Get EZplayer for free (i think) from toontrack. It's has GM kit mode and works fine.

3. gregohb

gregohb NI Product Owner

I have Logic Pro - and it will play all kinds of sequences. The point is the convenience of having it ready to go quickly. Also NI may consider rendering some midi files of drums to add to the usefulness of Battery - since the competitors are doing this.

4. jamester

jamester NI Product Owner

The big problem is that there is no real unity to the mapping of all the different kits! Some kits have like five or more different Kick drums, but a midi loop will only have two at the most (B0 and C1). GM mapping will get you in the ballpark most of the time, but there will still be a lot of work to do to utilize many of the kits, especially the really big ones!

As for "rendering midi files of drums", I'm not sure what you mean by that?

5. Darkecho

Darkecho Forum Member

what they really need to do is simply export the name text of the sample within Battery to the piano-roll/midi editor in whatever sequencer you are using! that way you can see easily without going back and forth what notes correspond to what samples!

I have a thread for this in the feature request forum, check it out and post up if you want it too! lets put some pressure on them for this.

6. jamester

jamester NI Product Owner

Interestingly, they updated the Guru demo and - in Reaper at least - the sequencer automatically maps to the midi editor!

Of course it might be a bit easier to do this with Guru, since it's sequencer layout is static (4xKick, 4xSnare, etc). Still it's nice to see this, it should be a universal feature of all major drum programs imho.

7. Darkecho

Darkecho Forum Member

Totally, I think it's rediculous that it's not. its so simple and makes programming beats SO much easier. This irritates me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.