1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Worship music patches

Discussion in 'ABSYNTH' started by dickiefunk, Apr 22, 2020.

1. dickiefunk

dickiefunk New Member

Hi,

I'm pretty new to synth stuff and am wondering if anyone has any worship music patches they would be willing to share?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

You might want to check out FM8 rather than Absynth for that...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big Gnome

Big Gnome NI Product Owner

I'm not too familiar myself ("unchurched" as I am), but most of the occasions I've done sound for religiously themed events I've seen romplers in use, mostly adhering to simple "mellow" pads and string patches alongside the typical pianos and organs and stuff, although correct me if you had something different or specific in mind. Pretty much any old synth can do basic fare of that sort, and I'd look at Kontakt for the more naturalistic or (electro-)acoustic elements. Absynth seem to me an unusual choice for this sort of thing, even for more overtly synthetic timbres--not that it's not up to the task by any means, but it kinda strikes me as swatting a fly with an orbital laser when a rolled-up newspaper will do...

Do you have examples of the sort of thing you had in mind?