1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Wrong sound with traktor pro

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by sonic43, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonic43

sonic43 Forum Member

Hello everyone.
    My problem is I can not get the traktor pro sound good. the drums sound cut, especially when I'm doing a mix and it is impossible to make a professional sounding session. lame these same issues in conventional cd's and the sound is perfect and therefore rule out that the problem is MP3s and directly from a traktor pro. Using my macbook and traktor with unchecked master gain limiter in the configuration of traktor because before I had it marked and the sound was just as bad. a greeting and I hope your help.

2. pepehouse

pepehouse Account Suspended

Deactivate the keylock.

3. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

Make sure you've got HiQ selected as your timestretch option.

4. sonic43

sonic43 Forum Member

Thanks for your help...now the sound is mutch better.....HIQ was the problem...

Thanks again.;)

5. lethal_pizzle

Cool. HiQ sounds good.

6. trat

trat Forum Member

Deactivate the keylock: timestretching in Traktor sounds worse than Ableton 1...

7. lethal_pizzle

8. trat

trat Forum Member

Yeah, it really does.

To my ears, the keylocks of both Ableton and Traktor sound horrible in those examles. Also, I don't care what sounds best at +/-27%. I just need it around +/-10% max and Traktor really doesn't sound useable. It does sound worse compared to ableton around that pitch: how paradoxical you may think this is...

9. lethal_pizzle

Hmmm. To my ears, Traktor sounds substantially better than Ableton in that example. I take on board your comments about +-10% being a better test (I regularly play house music at -8 or 9% to go with TPro).

I guess another issue here is how good can it sound? Slowing a song down means you have to make up the sound information in between the grains - maybe they should have tested a CDJ-1000 as well?

10. pepehouse

pepehouse Account Suspended

Overall Traktor sounds much better than Ableton in all modes, I just don't use keylock in any of them because I can't stand the artifacts and the loss of transients.

11. trat

trat Forum Member

No it doesn't to my ears. Maybe you guys don't hear it well, but the Ableton and TP examples lose most of the transients (punch) for the drum sounds. I don't know what you guys play, but I play music that people want to dance to and (thus) need punchy transients.

Out of the audio examples, Itch sounds best to my ears, since it keeps better lock of the transients...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.