1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

X1 Mk1 not working under OS X Mavericks?

Discussion in 'KONTROL X1' started by aarkayna, Oct 8, 2013.

1. aarkayna

aarkayna New Member

Hi everyone,

I recently updated my computer to the gold master of OS X Mavericks. After the update my X1 Mk1 does't. I really have no idea what to do about this and hoping someone has some ideas. My X1 Mk2 and my F1 works just fine. If I plug the X1 Mk1 into my other laptop still running OS X 10.8 then it works just fine. It's definitely only a problem on this Mac and only after I updated to 10.9.

When I plug the device in it does the typical lighting thing where they flash in sequence for a second and then all the lights go off and stay off. The Controller Editor is not able to connect to the device, Traktor can't connect and the Midi Monitor application definitely doesn't pick up anything coming from the device.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. tmccoy

tmccoy Forum Member

Sound like the driver is broken in the latest release of OS X.

3. society

society NI Product Owner

download the latest drivers with service center

4. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Mavericks is out now (for free) so try updating to the release version.

5. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

^^This.
    There are new drivers available for legacy devices such as the X1. They are available in the Free Updates section on the support site if you do not see them in Service Centre.

Karlos

6. edek

edek New Member

Well, just upgraded to Mavericks on my MBP, cannot get the X1 to work. F1 works fine. Downloaded the 2.6.0 driver through the servicecenter app, installed, rebooted, same problem. Did a clean reboot again, run the 2.6.0 installer again, reboot, problem remained.
    Traktor says "no mapped controller" if I try to recalibrate the X1. When I unplug the X1 and plug it back in, the lights sweep by, after that all indicator ligths stay dimmed, and the hotcue indicator is lit up bright green.
    Any ideas?

7. Karlos Santos

Welcome.

Try the driver from the Free Updates section on the support forum. It should work, I have had positive reports about it.
    You could also download the NI Uninstaller Tool and remove all X1 drivers and reinstall the 2.6.0 driver.

Let me know how you get on.

Karlos

8. edek

edek New Member

Thanks Karlos, forgot about the Mac driver uninstaller. Tried it, uninstall went ok, installed the X1 driver again, reboot, still the same problem...
    The indicators won't lit up at all, they were probably lit yesterday because I tried the controller editor.
    Any other suggestions?
    When I look at system report, it shows both the F1 and X1, with serial, firmware, location ID etc.

9. angelo.nl

angelo.nl New Member

Is this also a confirmation that Traktor Pro works with OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)?
    Somehow I can't find a thread about the compatibility.

10. Misterp.dj

Misterp.dj New Member

Traktor works just fine with Mavericks...Audio cards work to...only problem seems to be with X1 MK1 Drivers...many users are having problems . X1 is Dead. New driver only work with some users so there is an issue on them. Mostly , users with older Macs are having this problem , but there are some users with latest Macbooks that have this problem too! X1 isnt detected on Traktor.
    Guess there will be a fix any time soon!
    I'm one if this users... Audio 8 OK ! Traktor Scratch Pro 2 OK! CDJs 2000 in Advanced HID Mode OK! NI X1 Mk1...DEAD!
    All Running in a Late 2009 Macbook White ;)

11. Misterp.dj

Misterp.dj New Member

...and yes, i'm using the latest drivers :)

12. Misterp.dj

Misterp.dj New Member

This Drivers dont work for all ... there must be an issue! Some friends of mine have all the equipment working just fine , but many have the X1 completely Dead! . Instaled , reinstaled , reboot , clean instal...nothing! X1 is Dead! Have to wait for a new patch or something on this i guess

13. Karlos Santos

Ok guys I am looking into the issue with the new X1 drivers and Mavericks.

But first can anyone having issues please post there FULL hardware specs. I want everything.

IMPORTANT:
    PLEASE CAN ALL USERS MAKE CERTAIN THAT THEY ARE RUNNING THE X1 2.6.0 DRIVERS

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  14. Skeep

Skeep Forum Member

Hi, I've the same issue with my early 2011 13" Macbook Pro. I had a similar issue after the update from Lion to Mountain Lion, I don't remember exactly how I fixed it because I tried a lot of things like I'm doing now, but if I remember right I solved updating the Controller Editor.
    I've already done it now, but it doesn't work. I literally tried everything: I've installed the new 2.6.0 drivers, deleted the old ones with the uninstaller utility, reinstalled Traktor, updated the Controller Editor (like I said), but still doesn't work. There are a couple of funny things by the way: the first one is that the X1 is working fine on my late 2009 iMac, even if I haven't installed the new drivers. The second one is that on my MacBook the Controller Editor recognize the X1 and also Traktor gets the midi command if I select the midi mode (by pressing shift + hotcue button), but otherwise not.

Hope to get everything working for the next week without drastic solutions like downgrading or clean installation of Mavericks, because it would be really frustrating.

Thanks!

15. Misterp.dj

Misterp.dj New Member

Im using Late 2009 Macbook White 2.26 GHZ , Dual Core , 4 GB Ram , OSX Mavericks , Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.4 And i do have the latest drivers on X1 and Audio 8. All Works fine except X1...completely dead. Have some friends who made the update yesterday. 2 Of Them is all ok...1 is just like me with X1 dead.
    CDJ 2000 on ADV HID Work like a Charm!

16. Karlos Santos

Important.

Please can users with X1 issues please confirm that they have the latest version of Controller Editor 'CE 1.6.0.x version'

Applications>Native Instruments>Controller Editor - Start the app > About

Karlos

17. edek

edek New Member

Karlos,

no problem, specs listed below. Yes, I do run the X1 2.6.0 driver. I'm going to do a fresh install of my MBP, no worries, not just because of this problem, just long overdue. I'll let you know if the X1 works after the fresh install.

Specs MBP:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2,3 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 8 MB
    Memory: 8 GB
    Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B27
    SMC Version (system): 1.69f4
    Serial Number (system): xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Hardware UUID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Sudden Motion Sensor:
    State: Enabled

Traktor Kontrol X1:

Product ID: 0x2305
    Vendor ID: 0x17cc
    Version: 0.08
    Serial Number: SN-0xxxxxx
    Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
    Manufacturer: Native Instruments
    Location ID: 0xfa130000 / 6
    Current Available (mA): 500
    Current Required (mA): 400

Controller Editor version: 1.6.0 (R1528)

Cheers,

Emile

18. Karlos Santos

@edek, you have the latest version of Traktor ?

19. edek

edek New Member

Karlos, yep, the 2.6.4 version, just bought a new S4 MKII a couple of weeks ago, and updated the software right away.

Good news (for me that is): I just did a complete fresh install of my Macbook Pro, installed Traktor 2.6.4, activated through the servicecenter, downloaded the Controller Editor update 1.6.0 through Servicecenter and installed the CE. I downloaded the X1 driver from the NI site and installed this. I did not hook up the S4 MKII yet, I did hook up my X1 and F1, started Traktor, and both device were already found when I went through the wizard. Traktor started nicely after finishing the wizard, and the X1 works fine now.
    So my problem is solved, I hope you'll find the solution soon. Good luck.

20. Karlos Santos

Good news. I can confirm that the S4MK2 works just fine. I did a 4 hour gig last night with the S4MK2 on Mavericks.

I believe that this issue is not totally down to Mavericks. Can everyone check that they have the latest X1MK1 drivers and the latest CE version. Do not assume that you have them just because you have the latest version of Traktor Pro.

Karlos