1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Solved X1 mk1 responding weird to midi mapping

Discussion in 'KONTROL X1' started by sluggo, Dec 2, 2018.

1. sluggo

sluggo NI Product Owner

Hello
    I thought I would try to make a basic midi mapping for my x1. I'm using Traktor Pro 2.11.2. First thing I did was toggle shift-hotcue to enter midi mapping - the hotkey turned green. I went into the controller manager, chose the Generic Midi mapping, and duplicated it. I set the In-port and Out-port to Traktor Kontrol x1. I then added one In and One out. I chose Play/Pause (Deck Common) and used midi learn to chose the play button. This mapped to CC 040 as expected. I set the assignment to Deck C.

Playing traktor, pressing the play button (CC 40) does not make Deck C play. However, I happened to press the FX2 button (CC 22) and noticed this happens to play Deck B. This makes no sense to me. I'm pretty sure my x1 is sending out the correct cc messages, the midi learn picks up the right CC. As well, if I open the Controller Editor, my x1 shows as having the default settings for cc.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  2. sluggo

sluggo NI Product Owner

Ok, I didn't understand that all mappings are active at the same time. So I had conflicting mappings which I got rid of by setting other mapping to none for in and out ports.