Closed XDJ 1000mk2 slow scrolling

Discussion in 'Archive' started by felixt, Feb 21, 2020.

1. felixt

felixt NI Product Owner

Hello, delighted to be getting support for XDJ 1000 mk2 !

I'm having issues with scrolling waveform.I have two XDJ running firmware 1.42 latest. I can run a couple of tracks no problem, but then suddenly waveform display on BOTH Macbook AND XDJ only updates once per second...otherwise all is responsive and music does not stop. If i highlight the apple in top left corner of screen and bring a finder menu to front, the display then scrolls with no problems !. I have a video if this does not explain it !
    Macbook Mid 2015/Mojave . I am using a USB hub to connect the XDJ as I need 3 USB ports one for each deck and one for the DJM 900NXS-2. Going to try without hub for a bit. The macbook only has two USB ports. Will report if that makes a difference, playing m3 files. Music is never interrupted, so doesnt seem like processor load etc.

UPDATE: same problem with no hub both decks connected directly to Macbook using internal soundcard.it seems like i get first song perfect but second song gets the lag. Playing 320kbps mp3.large buffer.

going to restart Macbook next. see if that helps.UPDATE > No luck. Got message "one or more of the devices failed to connect". Going to Change USB cables next, no hub in use atm. First record always plays fine. second record starts stalling !

UPDATE: changing cables makes no difference. Problem only occurs when TWO XDJ are connected.if either one is disconnected, waveform scrolls as normal.If TWO XDJ connected wave form updates once every second or so and player unresponsive. no hub. one XDJ controlling deck A, the other Deck B. Iget error messages about firmware etc. Midi channels 1 and 2. Deck A and B.

also the decks become unresponsive..takes two seconds after you press play for anything to happen.Only when two decks are connected. One deck works fine.Kinda takes the 'Jockey' out of DJ..more of a Disc > Disc experience !

i have successfully used .TSI midi mappings of Traktor/XDJ 1000 MK2 with no problems at all, but no waveforms on the XDJ and some limited functionality, i deleted those mappings before using this beta.

thanks again for this ! it will be awesome . rekordbox unsubscribe !

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  2. Sander @ NI

Sander @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi felixt ,

Thank you for your report. We are aware of the issue and we will hopefully fix it in the next beta ;)

Best
    Sander

• Like Like x 1
  3. felixt

felixt NI Product Owner

Thank you !

4. Sander @ NI

Sander @ NI NI Team NI Team

felixt We just released a new beta which should fix your slow scrolling issue. Please double check.

Best
    Sander

• Like Like x 1
  5. felixt

felixt NI Product Owner

Solved thank you very much !!