1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

XDJ-1000mk2 Support ... Please!

Discussion in 'Feature Request' started by frankle, Apr 17, 2018.

1. MichaelKMusic

MichaelKMusic NI Product Owner

I agree loop interaction is awesome ! So when is HID coming for these ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Kevin Becher

Kevin Becher NI Product Owner

Traktor has by far the best solution. One encoder for setting loops / loop size change / loop move / beat jump.

Pioneer keeps their weird set of buttons and (probably) justifies that by saying "it's been that way forever".
    And yet they manage to have different workflows on their controllers (e.g. DDJ-1000 vs. DDJ-1000SRT).

3. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

Pioneer decks have become pretty generic now in light of advancements in dj tech. Although I will never buy one of these things I'm very happy to that it's happening. Always keep the traktor twist on things.

I'll predict that HID will be released along with other pioneers things mid Jan.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dj_estrela

dj_estrela NI Product Owner

Word.
    The only thing crucial and new is HID jogwheels;
    for everything else lets have it the traktor way as much as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

Chayan @ NI

Holding In and Out buttons could also act a s a modifier.

In + Jog Turn = Loop In point move
    Out + Jog Turn = Loop Out point move

Also, is it possible to Move/Loop Move? (the S4 MOVE knob)

6. dj_estrela

dj_estrela NI Product Owner

7. ajayp

ajayp NI Product Owner

This is fantastic news. Look forward to the upcoming release so i can finally use my D2s and XDJs together for 4 deck control.

8. MARIOS PAPASARANTOS

MARIOS PAPASARANTOS New Member

2020 and...still no support?

9. Daniel Hartmann

Daniel Hartmann NI Product Owner

Booooooooooom, this is some breaking news I have absolutely missed. I was quite sure that is never going to happen, but an official post from NI says the opposite. What the post does not say is when we are going to get in touch with that so hardly demanded feature. Tomorrow, Namm 2020 ist starting up...

10. Martin Ebert

Martin Ebert New Member

So Native Instruments, I have now prepared everything in Traktor Pro 3 for the HID support of the XDJ 1000Mk2. My 1210s are connected to my 900 NXS2 and run really well via DVS. Now the announced HID update for my XDJs is missing. When will it start?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Daniel Hartmann

Remember, NAMM 2020 is beginning tomorrow, so I am quite confident that we are going to see this feature very soon ;)

12. MichaelKMusic

MichaelKMusic NI Product Owner

Lol I will believe it when I see it I love how you wrote that pretty much the same way Friedemann wrote it 3 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Daniel Hartmann

To be honest, Friedman hast fucked up NIs credibility with his announcement that we are going to see this feature in 2018 / 2019. I was hugely disappointed when it turned out that Friedman has spoken too soon. But if you take a closer look on page 18, you will find a video, propably the beta of the feature, where an XDJMK2 is working with Traktor in HID Mode.

I honestly hope that NI has learned from this mistake and that they are going to correct this mistake very soon.

Last point, as soon as this feature is dropped, Friedman was right in the end, only thing that mismatches is the communities and Friedmans definition of "very soon" :cool:

14. decat_Tf

decat_Tf NI Product Owner

Damn, just in time, had my xdj 700's on sale & was searching for a MK1 XDJ 1000 as replacement.
    Hopefuly the wait won't much longer.

It must at least be possible to give us some kind of estimated date?

15. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

i really dont see the need for it, the pioneer hardware in no way matches the traktor software, traktor should be pairing with the sc5000 where youll find a knob or a button that mirrors the software completely.

i just dont think its worth the wait for such basic hardware. I wouldnt be suprised if it still never came as they just want you hanging on forever.

how can the rewrite of traktor from the ground up take this long? Traktor dj2 still be in the state its in, How many people are actually left in the NI office? one maybe 5?????????

absolute done deal from here on out, be happy with what you got, if your not see ya later.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sussudio

Sussudio NI Product Owner

Yes please! After all the effort NI had put into implementing Pioneer HID support for various players, now it's about time they start working on support for the Denon Prime series.

17. hellnegative

hellnegative NI Product Owner

They can't even blame it on Denon (they previously blamed hardware support on Pioneer). Denon has publicly mentioned more than a few times now that they are more than willing to work with NI to make it happen. NI just dragging their feet as always.

18. Sussudio

It's just not possible to blame Pioneer for hardware support, because Virtual DJ already has support for the XDJ1000MK2 since 2017 (!!!).

About Denon, I'm not so sure what is going on. Virtual DJ doesn't have support for them yet and I know the maker of the Traktor Midi mapping has asked for specs from Denon, so he could build support for the screens as well.

A developer of Virtual DJ said in august 2019 : "No support at the moment, and really no ETA. The SC5000, SC5000M and Prime 4 fall into the same case where the Denon SDK (for screens and displays) is still not ready/working."
    And later in october 2019 about the Prime 4 support: "Mapping files do not include the Main Display and the AlbumArt of jogwheels, as they are part of the Denon SDK , which is still not operational"

So I guess Denon has send their SDK to the DJ Software makers (like Virtual DJ and Native Instruments), but this SDK is not OK.

19. hellnegative

hellnegative NI Product Owner

Not OK can't be the issue. Serato has HID support for Denon Devices. They do, however, interact with the screens fairly differently than previous DJ Hardware.

20. Sussudio

So, that must mean Serato did not (have to) use the same SDK as the one that Virtual DJ got from Denon?