XDJ-1000mk2 Support ... Please!

Discussion in 'Feature Request' started by frankle, Apr 17, 2018.

1. hellnegative

hellnegative NI Product Owner

Pretty sure Serato Team used the same SDK. Developing a separate SDK for each company would be financially detrimental.

2. Sussudio

Sussudio NI Product Owner

Why would the Virtual DJ developers lie about the defective Denon SDK?

3. Daniel Hartmann

Daniel Hartmann NI Product Owner

You are loosing focus, remember, we are here to push NI for enabling Traktor HID Support for the XDJ 1000 MK2 (topic of this thread) Until than, lets focus on the most requested feature in NI forums ever :thumbsup: If you would like to have HID Support for whatever, you propably should open another thread.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Daniel Hartmann

A serious and reliable timeline would be necessary at that point in time simply to regain not only my trust in NI. So NI you better won t throw away another chance to win back the customers trust.

5. decat_Tf

decat_Tf NI Product Owner

At this point we can only hope it's included in the next public beta. Those seem to come out every three to four weeks. The last one was 15/01 so the next would be up in the first or second week of february. On 19/12 they replied on the topic with the video that's it proper HID and would be released soon, so it would be a dick move to not include it in the next beta.

6. hellnegative

I cannot comment on this as I do not know them personally. However, it is strange to see one software team be able to utilize an SDK successfully and one not. Thus far, all of VDJ's mappings have relied on PC to Hardware communication. The Denon Devices are software based and require coding your own software to run on the device from the ground up. The VDJ guys may not be used to developing with this method. They may also not be versed in coding Linux software to communicate with Windows and MAC software. There are a lot of variables that come into play.

That aside, I am happy to see NI giving us the MK2 mapping soon. I am hoping the release delay also has to due with Pioneer's future offerings having HID support as well.

7. 4tea

4tea New Member

This is it, I will purchase Traktor 3 as soon as it gets officialy released.

8. jimmyjamesh

jimmyjamesh NI Product Owner

this was teased 18th Dec, when is it coming?

9. Daniel Hartmann

21 pages full of hopes, fears and hate are still not enough to get what we deserve.

Curious if this is going to be dropped in 2020 :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. MichaelKMusic

MichaelKMusic NI Product Owner

Like I said 6 months ago just close the damn thread it will never get a release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. decat_Tf

Why close the thread? They have it available but but we ain't getting it.
    They showed the vid like almost two months ago and it's still not possible for us to test it.

'Hey, look what we have, you might get it it the near future but we won't tell you when'.

The guys working on this must be quite frustrated in real life knowing lot's of thir customers are waiting for this for a long time and then pulling off some move like this. No f*cks given at all.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jimmyjamesh

jimmyjamesh NI Product Owner

Makes me suspicious now why you can hardly see the traktor screen when using the xdj 1000 on the video....

NI's silence is deafening!

13. MichaelKMusic

Okay I will go out and say it once again and explain.It will never get a release I know someone that works at SFM here in Canada which is the main hub and service centre for Pioneer DJ Canada he said it will never get a legit release. The only way to get support for the XDJ 1000 mK2 is to either work for NI or work for Pioneer dj . Reason being is NI signed a contract back in 2016 with Pioneer dj restricting support for budget models on Traktor Pro in HID. They also signed a similar contract with Serato because this player is a budget player with 90% of the features of the CDJ 2000 nx2 the other 10 % is compatibly with softwares and physical buttons and a few other features ect. This is why you pay the premium price for the $3000 players. Who knows maybe the contract expires soon this is why we could be seeing demo videos like this.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  14. hellnegative

If this were the case for Serato, we would not have seen Serato support on the XDJ1000 MK1. However, we did.

Also, simply publicly advertising the feature as an NI employee would be a violation of said agreement. Only people who can confirm or deny, though, are the active NI employees on this forum.

15. MichaelKMusic

The MK1 came out in 2014 it has nothing to do with that contract. Well all I can say is keep dreaming it might just come true.

16. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 3
  17. Sander @ NI

Sander @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi all,

We just released a Public Beta which includes the Pioneer XDJ 700 and XDJ 1000 Mk2 integration.

There is a known issue on Windows where it can happen that the moving waveform shows up on one XDJ when using 2 XDJ's, if you have this issue please let us know.

Best
    Sander

• Like Like x 6
  18. Sander @ NI

Sander @ NI NI Team NI Team

And please report issues to the Bugs forum instead of here. This thread will be closed soon.

• Like Like x 1
  19. decat_Tf

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  20. hellnegative

Y'all are about to make my residency so much more fun. Thank you! :)

• Like Like x 2