XDJ XZ HID Integration

Djemersonhdez
Djemersonhdez Member Posts: 1 Member

Hi NI Team.

Is it possible to add HID integration for the XDJ XZ. I don't understand why we have HID Integration for CDJs and XDJ 1000's but we don't have it for this unit.

Comments

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru
  • Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

The XDJ-XZ is quite a recent controller and not really industry standard.

Although, we definitely wouldn't say no to more HID integration 💪

• djyash
    djyash Member Posts: 1 Member

We definetly need more controlers integration, CDJ DJM mixer is my go to setup, however everytime I go to a club and theres more djs playing its liketly to have a SZ, XDX- XZ setup or something similar.

ITs all Serato compatible, and guess what? I'm the weird one that uses traktor.. it would be great to use the equipment available if there are more compatibles, traktor needs to help us with this.

• Tom Collins
    Tom Collins Member Posts: 15 Member

xdj-xz seems to be more and more installed in bars and small clubs so proper integration into Traktor would make life a lot easier

• HJMogelmose
    HJMogelmose Member Posts: 9 Member

Hi Nico.

As Pioneer is still "struggling" with chip shortage i see more and more clubs using the XDJ-XZ in the booth as the old Nexus 1 and 2's are getting worn out.

What are the chances that you could implement HID on the XZ? I have checked the midi and it looks like its copy-paste of CDJ's. Can you give me an update on this request?

• DJDL
    DJDL Member Posts: 61 Helper

Besides the resources that need to be allocated to coding support for particular HW, there may be a business decision to not support HW that competes directly with NI's own. As NI does not have products that are in the same category as DJMs and CDJs, they probably see an advantage and little threat in supporting those Pioneer units. This allows pro/guest djs to still use Traktor SW in standard booths everywhere, which can also drive sales of smaller units like the X1 or F1 for using alongside third party gear. That said, I'd surely love to see full native support for the XZ and RX3 units, (also Denon perhaps). The S4 MK3 is always my HW of choice, but there are many occasions when I need to find a way to integrate Traktor with Pioneer standalone gear. I believe that would make many existing Traktor customers' lives a whole lot easier. Perhaps the Traktor Plus subscription could feature these extended integrations. It'd be a decision maker in my case for sure.

• HJMogelmose

Issue here is that the XZ is a stand alone deck where you can plug HID into - like a CDJ/DJM combo. I understand your thoughts but i really think the XZ isn't really a direct competitor to NI's own products in that manner.

• DJDL
    DJDL Member Posts: 61 Helper

I wonder how many clubs with permanent gear installations and a constant flow of guest djs have the XZ as their main system instead of the more common CDJ/DJM setups.

If not many, then the XZ would be primarily bought by individuals for personal use, rather than venues.

In that sense, personal use cases, the XZ does compete with NI's own gear. I don't see any venues featuring S4s for that matter, so the same would not be true for CJD/DJM combos.

Cheers!

• Tom Collins
    Tom Collins Member Posts: 15 Member

Clubs are installing the XZ, we need the integration. I stopped using traktor because of this but i would come back as soon as this integration is done

• HJMogelmose

7 out of 10 clubs around here in Denmark is on the XZ because the 2000's are beat up and Pioneer can't supply the 3000.

• qzyphus
    qzyphus Member Posts: 1 Member

I have also had to stop using Traktor and go back to Serato for this exact reason. If I can't use one of the most common pieces of the industry standard Pioneer range with it, it's not very useful for a club DJ. It's sad. I would prefer to keep Traktor. NI HAVE to be losing market share (at least two posters in this thread at least) by not guaranteeing that you can rock up into a venue and use the hardware. XDJ-XZ is NOT niche and will only become more common while it is available at the price point. I am also seeing it as the standard installation for side stages at events where the main stage has a full 3k rig.