1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Xponent Anyone?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by djk-tel, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djk-tel

djk-tel NI Product Owner

Is anyone out there using M-Audio Xponent midi-controller and audio interface box with Traktor yet?

thoughts?

K-Tel

2. BoardinBob

BoardinBob Forum Member

I didn't think it was on general sale yet? I'm struggling to find an online retailer that is actually selling it. They're just taking advance orders.

3. djk-tel

djk-tel NI Product Owner

Yeah. My audio retailer says M-Audio can be bad like that. THey make the annoucements at the trade shows. PUt it on their websites. Ads in magazines and it won't be shipping for 4 months.

I ran into that with the X-Session Pro.

What I think they will do is release a very small limited run of stuff,
    and there are "special" retailers that will get them 1st (the 1st production run) like Guitar Center etc.

I'm eager!

K-Tel

4. david1978pdx

david1978pdx Forum Member

The Xponent looks like it is going to be THE all-in-one controller solution...

I have an X-Session Pro right now, but I am saving up to upgrade. I am anxious to see how the Xponent works with Traktor. All the other all-in-one controllers are crap, but M-Audio is known for their quality products. I am very happy with how the X-Session Pro works for me, I am hoping the Xponent is just as easy to use.

5. rocdollar

rocdollar NI Product Owner

I like the look of this one too...even though it's got audio chip inside, when that becomes obsolete presumably we could just use an external audio interface while using just the MIDI controls of the Xponent?

6. david1978pdx

I presume you would be able to set the audio settings in Traktor to use whichever sound card you have available to you on your computer, so you shouldn't be bound by using the outs on the Xponent.

Still would be nice to be able to use the headphone plug in the front of it, even if your outs to the PA are through another channel. The BCD3000 is the only other all-in-one controller that has a place for headphones.

7. clavis

clavis NI Product Owner

I got that thing now

xponent Hardarw:

Jog wheels: :)

Knobs: :)

Sliders: :-l

Buttons: :-( >use a Trigger Finger or AKAI MPD to be happy with a time-correct Punch In for Transport-Section

Very good Scratch Performance

Forget the Software

All in all: Good thing :)))

clavis

8. BoardinBob

BoardinBob Forum Member

Did it work straight out the box or was their some tweaking required?

9. clavis

clavis NI Product Owner

tweaking

if you mean the midi set-up: yes! To get a good scratch performance with traktor you need to set the rotary fader settings for the jog wheel in traktor. Any other button/Slider must be configured by midi-learn, too.

10. BoardinBob

BoardinBob Forum Member

As long as it's more straighforward than the process for the BCD2000!

Not really interested in it's scratching capabilities though but I do use the jog wheels to move through the track and fine tune for cue points.

I've also found a UK retailer who's selling it for significantly less than the rest

http://www.dv247.com/invt/40025/

11. Vince_Tf

Vince_Tf Forum Member

clavis - Is it possible to use the Xponent with Traktor? I thought it could only be used with the M-Audio Torq software.

12. david1978pdx

The Xponent is compatible with any software that utilizes MIDI Learn.

What I want to see is the .tks file.

Also, how do the LED's and EQ meters look when using with Traktor?

Is it really worth the $599 USD ?

13. clavis

clavis NI Product Owner

posssible

Xponent & Trigger Finger works fine with Traktor. You just need to build your own .tks.

LEDs wont work till now, but it should be possible by Midi-Out of Traktor. Dont know why its not working for me.

14. clavis

clavis NI Product Owner

really worth the $599

U need to decide by yourself. As I said: The buttons are bad for starting the next track in time, cause they are click-buttons. The Track starts, when you take your Finger away, not when you push the button. I fixed that buy using the Trigger Finger. Next thing is the LED-Backlight, I'll try to fix that.

But I can say, I am happy with that,cause of using the Jogs. If you dont need them, you better buy something else for less money.

clavis

15. djd

djd Forum Member

cant you edit this in any way or edit midi settings of the buttons?

16. clavis

clavis NI Product Owner

Fixed it

The Buttons are acting normal now. It was the wrong MIDI-Message.

Bad News: Its impossible to Backlight the LEDs of xponent by the Standard MIDI-Out Control of Traktor, cause these Function works only with torq. Maybe maybe maybe they fix it in the future. Maybe not. This is, what m-audio said :-(

xponent is a good thing, but this is unbelieveble. Even 100 - 150 Bucks Controller like Hercules could do this and my 600 € Modell dont.

http://www.native-instruments.com:80/forum_us/showthread.php?t=43011&highlight=xponent

clavis

17. rocdollar

I don't think I would find much use for the jogs.

I hope M-Audio come out with something based on the X-Session pro that can cater for 4 channels. They should also consider using a PCMCIA interface or the like for an audio interface so it can be upgraded as needs be.

18. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

Unfortunately, PCMCIA/PC Card is now deemed an obsolete technology, being replaced by ExpressCard. :-(

19. rocdollar

Thanks AudioRapture... I thought it was on the way out - just forgot what the new name was :S

Along those lines anyway! Maybe it would be a little more expensive but it would at least free up slots on the laptop for cards that deal with WiFi etc.

20. freeaker_Tf

freeaker_Tf Forum Member

Clavis can you join the tks file you use for Traktor please?
    I use Traktor 2.6 and I can't map ther jogwheels, it's make Traktor totally crazy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.