1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Xponent EQ value

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by DJ Pat, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ Pat

DJ Pat NI Product Owner

For almost a week I am the proud owner of an xponent. With some experimenting I am almost happy with the midi settings I made.
    There is a thing with the EQ thats bothering me. The EQ settings for low, mid and high are:
    control type > direct
    midi control > analog fader/knob

These setings do work but I am not happy with the amount of EQ-ing. With DJ mixers of today when you turn all EQ knobs to minimum there is no sound anymore. With the exponent there is still sound when all knobs are turned to minimum.
    When I choose other mixer presets in Traktor nothing changes with this.
    Is there a way to increase the amount of EQ-ing in the midi settings?

Thank you in advance!

2. DJ Pat

DJ Pat NI Product Owner

Doesn't anybody have an idea?

3. -dthree-

-dthree- Forum Member

Its not the midi controller, even turning the EQ's down on the screen with the mouse will give you the same results. Either -100% or using the kills doesn't completely mute the audio.

4. DJ Pat

DJ Pat NI Product Owner

I just found this out because I used an external mixer for years with Traktor. When I got my Xponent I used the internal mixer for the first time.
    What is the point of the different mixer settings in Traktor when it makes no different?
    When I choose the 600 mixer I think it is meant to represent a Pioneer 600. With that mixer all EQ's to zero means no sound. I hope there is a way to adjust the EQ settings to my needs. If this is it I think NI have something to do with the mixer section. Otherwise I think I switch back to external mixing :-(

5. -dthree-

-dthree- Forum Member

Thats interesting. NI has attempted to emulate the 4 types of EQ settings found in the actual mixers. The DJM-400 specs say that the EQs all go to -26db, as does the "P600" setting in traktor. I'm not sure what the discrepancy is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.