Year when song came out

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by miguelmercedez771@msn.com, Mar 10, 2016.

1. miguelmercedez771@msn.com

miguelmercedez771@msn.com NI Product Owner

Traktor uses release date what it should also have is just year like it does in itunes.

2. mastermc

mastermc NI Product Owner

how is that a request ?

3. miguelmercedez771@msn.com

miguelmercedez771@msn.com NI Product Owner

Ok let me make it simple. Traktor pro is a software use in many countries.

In some countries you have month/day/year in others you may have year/month/day or day/month/year so I say make it simple. If I have the year witch the song came out that is good enough for me to organize my music, at list is an option witch I should have.

Example. 2016/1/30

2015/20/30

2014/15/30

Easier to look at

Been able to have more than one year group together on a playlist and sort it out ascending or descending without to look at extra info makes the process much faster and easier to select your next song for that year that you want to play if you have multiple songs from different years group together.

4. Grant Carlisle

Grant Carlisle New Member

This would make my life a lot easier. Why stop there, I would pay good money that would accurately replace all missing data for my music files. I spend more time looking up release dates on Discogs, Setting beat grids in 3 different programs and organizing music than I do actually playing these days!

5. Deucer

Deucer NI Product Owner

I suggest you take a look at Music Brainz Picard, and it's free. But backup your library first. It may change tags you don't want it to.

6. Grant Carlisle

Grant Carlisle New Member

I've tried using Music Brainz as well as media monkey. The only problem with those programs is. The fact that either i'm doing something wrorng or I have a ton of pretty obsure music because those programs never seem to pull up the right release information. I have to use MP3 tag editor and manually dig up info using Discogs.com, Beatport and other Web sites to find the correct info

7. Deucer

Deucer NI Product Owner

Are you using the program Picard for Music Brainz? The one that uses Audio Fingerprints to identify a track? That program is quite handy at filling in tags on large groups of tracks. Been a long time since I've used it, but it was a great help in getting my tags cleaned up with info the way I wanted them.
    I've also used Music Braiz Tag Sources in MP3Tag, I find that the best way to go when tagging a few files/albums at a time. I still find I need to use the Music Brainz website to manually find stuff, just to get the Tag Source to find the right album.
    If you're manually entering the info you find on Discogs, go to the MP3Tag forum and investigate Tag Sources. There's Sources for Discogs, Music Brainz, and others, so when one fails you can try another. Know that the more you play with MP3Tag & Tag Sources, the easier it will be for you to find ways to get the info you want and ignore what you dont!

8. dj_estrela

dj_estrela NI Product Owner

+1. I use year alone a lot!