1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Yet again... Resonance for the Xone filter type

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Engine77, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Engine77

Engine77 NI Product Owner

I know we’ve had this request several times a while back. But I think it’s an important and easy fix request.

Quick background…

I used the S4 controller since it came out. Now I’m again using my Xone:92 mixer and 1200s with TSP2. Going back and forth between setups, I’m finding that the filters are the biggest drawback to Traktor’s mixer vs. using the Xone:92 mixer.

In TSP, when I use the Filter:92 in the effects section with the resonance at 100%, I almost get identical warmth and crunch of my Xone:92 mixer’s filter. Great job on this NI!

It’s a shame that NI was able to emulate the Xone:92 very well, but have the channel filter’s resonance permanently set to zero for the Xone filter type.

There is no point of having a filter with no resonance… this would give an identical result as turning down your 3 or 4 band EQ in succession.

The Ladder filter type sounds very hollow and digital, so this is not a solution. And tying up both effects slots on my S4 controller to the filter:92 is not a sacrifice that I want to make, as I use other effects.

NI, please turn up the Xone filter type’s resonance to max, or let us do it with an option in the preferences. Thanks in Advance!

• Like Like x 1
  2. bigboibbp

bigboibbp NI Product Owner

3. frankiee

frankiee Forum Member

4. Engine77

Thanks for your support guys,

I would also make sense if NI would include a dip in the output curve when the xfader is centered and set to the "Smooth" setting in the preferences. The link below gives good reasoning:

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131098

And to control the xfader dip... SHIFT + CUE MIX mapping (and a knob on the GUI) to adjust the xfader Curve (smooth to sharp) for S4 users.

And maybe a Split Cue feature for headphone monitoring... this would also help resolve the missing Booth volume control issue.

These feature suggestions, along with my filter resonance one, are fundamental to mixing, and are included on almost all respectable mixers.

NI, please include these basic requests on the next update.

5. squeakyneb

squeakyneb NI Product Owner

This thread + sample keylock. All that would be needed after that is bugfixes and efficiency improvements (under the hood stuff).

6. fella

fella NI Product Owner

+1
    Please fix this soon!

7. Engine77

I think we're over due for whining about the no resonance control on the channel filters.

8. Mikha

Mikha NI Product Owner

9. djproben

djproben NI Product Owner

10. Danny_H

Danny_H NI Product Owner

11. princesultan

princesultan Forum Member

add me to the list! this is rendering traktor 2 unusable for me. i need proper xone 92 type filters!

12. tomd25

tomd25 NI Product Owner

I actually really like the filters as they are in Xone mode, but it would be cool to have control of the resonance. However, I (shock horror!) would rather no resonance all the time than full resonance all the time!

13. princesultan

i just think that the xone filters in T2 are significantly different than the filters on an actual xone 92, which wasn't the case in TSP.

14. princesultan

after receiving a response from NI, they said that it's actually a bug. hopefully it will get fixed soon.

15. Engine77

It's interesting that NI is calling it a bug and hasn't fixed it in 3 years. Maybe they don't see much interest from our end to fix it.

I've been waiting patiently, but now that Traktor 2.1 is out, I'm going to submit a Feature Request again (or maybe I should report a bug?). If we all do the same, our voices could be heard.

16. fella

fella NI Product Owner

It's almost a year by now!
    Maybe fixed when TSP 5 comes out.
    Come on people, keep this request alive.

17. DiscoPoelie

DiscoPoelie NI Product Owner

+1 for the filter! and do something about the sensitivity of the EQ too!

18. molenz

molenz Forum Member

+1 on filter and make the eq's full cut also or have another eq setting that is full cut, and don't say use the cut buttons on traktor as there aren't any on the S4 and no I don't want to midi map my controller as I lose functionality then.

Knock, knock, devs you're reading this aren't you?

19. Engine77

^When the EQ's are turned all the way counter-clockwise, that knob's frequency is fully cut. This is identical to pressing the corresponding cut buttons. So, all you need is fast fingers.

I'm glad others are also supporting the no-mixer-filter-resonance issue fix. It's been 3.5 years now.

20. molenz

molenz Forum Member

No, no, no, turn all eq's down and you can still hear the music, and it doesn't matter what eq type you select in preferences. Only way to fully cut is with the kill buttons.
    Another selectable eq type that IS full cut is all thats needed, surely that can't be any harder than fixing the filter resonance.