Z1 starts clipping over time and right channel is bad..?

Discussion in 'KONTROL Z1' started by Ravenswift, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Ravenswift

Ravenswift New Member

I purchased my Z1 a few months ago and have used it on my Win 7 Ultimate as my main audio card and main interface for Traktor pro. However, recently after using the Z1 for an extended period of time I start to notice small clipping in the audio and at times it will even start to distort the entire audio stream into a scratching sound of whatever audio is currently being played. The only fix i have so far is to unplug the controller and plug it back in again (and sometimes even after that i get no audio what so ever and then have to unplug it yet again).

My second problem is recently I have noticed that my right channel is producing some distortion. If I play a soft song, such as a piano piece or even some of the harder rock and other genres, I can hear distortion in the right channel in BOTH my master and monitor outputs. THIS IS NOT MY SPEAKERS. To be sure it wasn't a problem with my speakers, I switched the right and left channel audio connections around and the distortion then followed over to the left channel. So clearly this is a device problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Ravenswift