Z1 Traktor DJ continued loss of FX EQ X/Y touch screen capability.

Discussion in 'KONTROL Z1' started by subetei, Oct 5, 2013.

1. subetei

subetei Forum Member

I have a Z1 and it meets my needs but the new software updates version 1.3.0.283 takes away even more touch screen X/Y capabilities and now forces you to use a knob and toggle the mode button to adjust both the FX & EQ for just one track. Before you lost touch screen function for just one feature per track either FX or EQ depending on mode set. DTJ 1.3.0.283 in essence is even harder and requires more toggling to adjust both EQ and FX of one track with one or 2 hands and you can not adjust and hold FX and EQ simultaneously you have to toggle mode and turn knobs. Now 1 hand needs to be on the touchscreen while the other hast to be on the knob. 2 hands to adjust what once took only 1 finger. Adjusting EQ and Fx simultaneously with the ability to move freely and lock in position is not possible when the Z1 is attached.

I figure it is built in for the S2 & S4 that are set to come out. There should be an option soft takeovers of FX & EQ like on Traktor Pro for the EQs to reset on Load new track or at least an option to disable the knobs so the FX & EQ has the same function as when he Z1 is not attached.

I won't even ask for the ability to instead to use that knob as a say a loop size cause if I can just get my touch functionality back and maybe even a reset on track load soft takeover on the EQ knobs I would be so so happy. Right now I am close to stoping use my Z1 not because I don't like it but because I am being forced to become a knob twister and forgo the touch functionality of my iPad.

I would not regret buying the Z1 because it is the only option to have cross fader. I know NI's focus is to sell their Kontrollers and not open their app for use with any other hardware or iOS apps. I can live with that but I don't like being forced to use knobs and taking away touch screen function, that is the whole point of an iPad app. I would even pay a steep update fee for TDJ to get my touchscreen function back and some of the functionality mentioned above.

My GF says she really prefers an XY flick to a knob twist all night long.

Please oh great and powerful Native Instruments hear my plea!
    I have been buying your hardware and software for years if I must I will pay, just don't takeaway features that I love so you can sell your newest Kontrollers.

Your Humble Kustomer

2. Vrais Le faux

Vrais Le faux Forum Member

Yes! PLEASEEEEEeee...!!!!

3. Johnny KoolAid

Johnny KoolAid New Member

I concur Dr... this sucks . Why dont they just make a seperate version for the s2 & s4.. traktor dj was great in the first version. im also thinking of getting rid of my NI equipment. I use it professionaly, but it's impossible to do like this.

4. subetei

subetei Forum Member

I stopped taking my Z1 to gigs and now only use my iRig Mix.
    Anyone want to buy a Z1 cheap? So depressing how NI moderators won't even respond. I been buying their products for years and they have the worst customer support of any audio products I purchase. I barley bother to contact them anymore but I figured this was worth a shot....sigh....

5. Alexinhomg

Alexinhomg Forum Member

Traktor crew, i want to use the knob button efx and filter at the same time or at least use separate commands just with the effects or the filter and manipulate properly on the touch screen the xy parameters

6. Vrais Le faux

Vrais Le faux Forum Member

I reported this as a bug and after a couple of weeks of emails, including a video of this behaviour, I got information that it has been recognised as a bug and will be fixed.

7. ardkor

ardkor Member

Was thinking of asking santa for a Z1 for Christmas, but looking at these forums it seems it's not a great idea.
    Looks like NI have their hands full. Too many products and not enough support atm.