Zero The Levels When Cloning Decks

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by sqgl, Feb 5, 2012.

1. sqgl

sqgl Forum Member

The overall volume will suddenly increase because the clone is loaded in the deck with full volume. It should be possible to do so at zero volume - one could argue that zero volume should be the default.

Using a crossfader (after ensuring it is assigned correctly each time) is a workaround. A little cumbersome (and "dangerous") especially when I have programmed a MIDI key to clone a track into all stopped decks.

Clone is a great feature that I did not expect (thanks) but am hoping it may be simple to have this feature polished.

Currently I send my "macro" MIDI keypress via MIDI-Ox to zero the levels of each deck every 10ms for 1000ms but even that sometimes causes volume spikes.

2. sqgl

sqgl Forum Member

Solved

SOLUTION:
    I simply had to go to Preferences and select the Loading setting to not Reset all mixer controls when loading deck. Then create custom mappings/shortcuts do any/all resetting the way I like.

Nevertheless, it still is strange to have the default "reset" be to have max volume when loading a deck.

3. sqgl

sqgl Forum Member

This strange default behavior persists in v2.5