PlugIn Song Position Fix
Song Position Fix (no more missed clock events in your DAW)
A replacement for the Song Position module which works as it should in DAW's such as Ableton, aswell as keeping the same functionality when used in standalone.
Its has been noticed a lot that the inbuilt Song Position module tends to have clock event dropouts which can cause some nasty unwanted effects when Reaktor is used as a PlugIn in some Hosts (missed hits and timing errors etc). It got to a point where I couldn't use Ableton with Reaktor because of this annoying issue, as I used a lot of sequenced instruments. So I made this.... This has an internal clock independant of the host but is synced to the Host clock. The result is a more solid clock with NO dropouts. This dropout problem also affects the 1/96th and Sync Pulse modules, so Ive added outputs which imitate these functions. The sync pulse settings can be changed, please check the tooltips on the Rat/Dur ports of the Sync Pulse macro within this macro. This also has the same reset function as Dan Battaglia's original song position fix.
Ive tested this quite alot in Ableton and all seems fine. Hopefully it will be the same for other hosts which have this problem aswell.
Update 1.1: Added a ClockCheck Ensemble to see if there are clock event dropouts in you DAW. It will display any errors on Clist's EventWatcher aswell as sound a bleep. Simply load into your host, press play and wait (I'd say for about 100 bars to be safe) I get 38 errors in Ableton LIVE 6.07 at 120BPM over 100 bars. It does vary depending on BPM.
Update 1.2: Added a Version 2 macro to the download file. Slightly more accurate I think. And posibly fixed a bug with the sync pulse macro.
Update 1.3: Added audio output (thanks to selotape (frank) from the forum for that! Should be a little more accurate aswell.
Update 1.4: Improved the PlugIn Detect macro which is needed for tempo change differences between standalone and plugin versions. When used in a plugin it needs to re-sync when tempo changes occur, where as in standalone, info from the Tempo module is more frequent and doesnt need to re-sync itself. If the PlugIn "re-sync" system operated in standalone it could result in very "choppy" tempo changes - hence the need for this detect macro so that the tempo re-sync only occurs when used as a Plug In.