Multi-effect device combining several glitch effects
This is a multi-effect device that combines several typical glitch effects such as highpass filter, lowpass filter, bit crusher, distortion, digital delay, roll and pingpong echo, scratching, tape stop, and stutter.
I have designed this effect towards usability, especially for live performance. There are just 8 knobs and 8 buttons, so it's easy to map to a MIDI controller without getting lost in features and settings.
- Since also the highpass filter seems to color the sound even for lowest cutoff, I inserted another smooth step function, so that for low HP cutoffs there is a smooth transition to the unfiltered signal.
- Added a switch in B view to select the LP filter type
- Reaktor 6 ensemble.
- In previous versions, the LP filter colored the sound even for maximum cutoff. This is now fixed by adding a steep, smooth transition to the bypassed filter signal for high cutoff values. Also, I exchanged the (Moog-type) Ladder filter by a (Prophet-type) Pro-52 filter, since it better preserves the volume for low cutoffs and thus has more punch. If you prefer the Moog sound, just exchange the two Pro-52s (for left and right) with Ladder filters.
- Added the possibility to change the speed factor in the B view, to enable really fast stutter effects
- Changed the scope view
- The duration, in beats, of the tape stop effect can now be set in the B view.
- Replaced the DLY button with a multi-purpose TRIG button, whose functionality can be set in the B view:
- "Mute" to mute the output (for manual stutter)
- "DLY Gate" to gate the delay effect dialed in with the DLY knob
- "Reverse" to reverse the audio
- "Rev Stutter" to turn all stutter buttons into reverse-stutter buttons
- Removed the tape stop fast-forward noise again, since it wans't really convincing and doesn't always fit into the music.
- Merged the two tape stop buttons into one single button whose time value can be adjusted in the B view.
- Added a DLY button that gates the delay effect dialed in with the DLY knob (which now remains ineffective until the button is pressed).
Added a settings page in view B where the FF noise for the tape stop can be enabled/disabled
Enhanced tape stop effect by fast-forward noise on button release