4 Bit DPW Wavetable Editor & Player
AA LoFi Free Waveform Oscillator for Game & Chip Sounds
There are some differences from just another "draw your own waveform" oscillator:
- The oscillator does not just read data from a table or/and interpolates this data. It generates a one sample DPW bandlimiting signal between every step to suppress aliasing. So it is a useful wavetable player even for high frequencies.
- For every waveform you draw, except flat lines, the oscillator calculates live a DC compensation. For flat lines you always get a zero. I leave the gap that at one resolution drawn waveforms may become flat lines at other resolutions.
- The oscillator is intended for game and chip sounds and has a maximum resolution of 4Bit (N * 1/16).
Since this oscillator needs one sample per step to suppress aliasing (and for other reasons) there is a frequency limit of SR/4*Resolution. (A new version with a better limit of SR/2*Resolution is in progress - solved with Version 2.0.) If this limit is exceeded the oscillator reduces the resolution automatically. Therefor you may use minimum 96 KHz SR.
Any proposals or criticisms are welcome.
Update Version 2.0:
- CPU optimized, very low load
- better UI
- display now shows also when resolution is automatically reduced
- display now shows also the audio output signal; so the DC compensation is visible
- added some things to play around to the test ensemble