Graphical multiband compression / distortion / mastering. Chock-full-o-math
Gain Control (a haiku)...
see lines on a graph
moving points my ears respond
gain became my friend!
G-C/D, a Graphical Compressor / Distortion
A graphical multiband compression / distortion instrument that's modeled loosely on the distortion effect in Soundforge. This is definitely not the best way to do things cpu-wise if all you're looking for is saturation/distortion, but it allows you to do a whole lot more - compression, expansion, limiting etc.
It gives you very fine control over the transfer-curve of input gain vs out by using a system of point plotting in an XY grid. The transfer function can be set to either linear or forth-order polynomial (algebra galore, yeah baby!).
Uses slightly less CPU than Flatblaster with all options on, but isn't really a mastering-tool in the strictest sense (but can definitely be used as one). More for going to the outer limits of mastering. Most of the settings are a bit on the extreme side, but simple single-band compression can be done as well.
Comes with a separate ensemble with a simple one-channel distortion instrument, and all instruments are broken out into separate files.
Notes for v1.1:
- File is version 4.03! You must have the patch installed to use!
- Improved performance / lower cpu across the board
- Added mute / solo / bypass buttons for each channel
- Added a limit to the polynomial transfer to keep wild curves from going above +12dB (still very loud so be careful!)
- Added modulation of the curve points to the distortion instrument.
- Structure cleanup, more/better comments, smaller panel size.
- Added plug-in only version for Session users who cannot change the structure