Battery3: Changing Midi notes of cells...

Discussion in 'BATTERY' started by GonZovitch, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GonZovitch

GonZovitch New Member

Hi !

I'm a new Komplete 6 user, and I'd like to know how to change cells assignations midi notes...

I'll try to explain:

I'm using a kit, and I want to clone a snare on another cell with the roll fonction activated.

By default, the original snare is played with the C#3 midi note, and when i'm cloning it to another empty cell, the clone (the one with the roll fonction activated) is played with C0...

It's not convenient for me, i'd like the roll snare to be played with A3 midi note...

How can I change that ?

I precise that I'm using FLStudio9 as DAW, opening B3 as a vsti. I'm actually writting patterns with the piano-roll sequencer of FL Studio...

I tried to change the key range of the roll snare, but nothing happens...I assume I must be misunderstanding something, that' why I'm asking some Pro advices...

Thx by advance for your responses...
  2. tlennon

tlennon Forum Member

The midi assignments are on the CELL tab. There is also a Midi learn feature there.
  3. sandord

sandord New Member

Click learn
    Hit the note you want
  4. GonZovitch

GonZovitch New Member

Thx to both your responces, pals...

The learn function does work...

In fact, I'm starting to be convinced that FL Studio is a SHITTY DAW...When I hit the learn fonction, and clicked on the A3 note in the Piano-Roll sequencer, it assigned the roll snare correctly on the A3...But it wrote A1/A1 in the Key range of the corresponding cell in B3 :|

I wonder if there's an hidden transpose fonction activated by the ****in FLStudio's piano-roll, or in B3...

Any clue mates ?

I'm also using Ableton Live 8 as a DAW, but I actually write midi patterns faster in FLStudio (I find its Piano-Roll more efficient than Live's Piano-Roll)...Maybe I'll change my habbits...
  5. tlennon

tlennon Forum Member

Sorry! Not familiar with FL.
  6. sandord

sandord New Member

I missed the fact you were doing this in VSTi in FL Studio. I have not used FL in awhile I do have it installed but it may take a day or two to check, what is your MIDI keyboard?

It seems the Octaves may be off between the two, i dont have a good way of saying hwat I am trying to say, You may have to contemmpate by doing it an octave up or down on the keyboard to match, if that makes sense...

If not try doing the key assignment in standalone Battery
  7. GonZovitch

GonZovitch New Member

I'm using 2 midi controlers: An AKAI LPK25 (a little 25 keys keyboard), and a Korg padKontrol...But in this case, i'm using the FL piano-roll writing MIDI patterns, not my controlers to play the notes...I know how to configure them for live playing, but i wanted to write down things in a track of mine, if you understand what I mean.

That's what I wondered...If there was a way to make correspond midi notes between the Piano Roll and Battery3

I'll try that tomorrow...In order to check if there's a difference between what is set in Battery3 and the notes i'm playing live with my keyboard.

So, if you can test my situation with your own FL'n'Battery, please tell me if you're encountering the same issue...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.