1. Updated TRAKTOR hardware drivers for Mac OS 10.9 and 10.10

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10:

There is an important new driver update available for your TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1, AUDIO 2 DJ, AUDIO 4 DJ, or AUDIO 8 DJ. These drivers fix an issue which occasionally caused the hardware to disconnect.

We strongly recommend this update to anyone using these TRAKTOR products with Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10 to ensure the best possible hardware performance.

To install the latest driver, please follow the link for your device and select version 2.7.0 to download.

Update TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1
    Update AUDIO 2 DJ
    Update AUDIO 4 DJ
    Update AUDIO 8 DJ

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.8 or lower, please disregard this update.

BCD3000 - how to get mic & line in working

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Scartio, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scartio

Scartio New Member

Two questions about the BCD3000 in combination with Traktor.

- How do you get a microphone working ? I see on the clip light which burns now and then the mic works - no sound comes thru....

- I've connected an external ipod which I'ld like to use does anyone know how the switch in the back of the panel should be ? The manual isn't clear about this....i've tried both options...no luck there !
  2. ed_bcd

ed_bcd New Member

I have the same problem with my iBook G4, but not with Windows XP. Are you also using an iBook? Did you find out how to make it work?
  3. mikesilence

mikesilence Forum Member

With Windows you can change the Input A to Mic in the control panel. Mac Users have to do a trick: install the demo version of Ableton Live, create a midi pattern by double clicking into one of the slots, go into the pattern and change the program to 1 play it with Midi out to BCD3000. Then you have changed the Input A to Mic.
  4. ed_bcd

ed_bcd New Member

Still not working

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. Actually neither the Ext-A nor the Ext-B inputs work when connected to the mac. Surely you should only need to send the program change if you want to use the mic.

I tried to get Ableton Live to transmit a program change, but it doesn't seem to recognise the BCD3000 properly - in the preferences, the midi output for the device is marked with a grey 'On', and it won't let me add a midi clip.

Cheers,
    Ed
  5. mikesilence

mikesilence Forum Member

To get the inputs working you just press EXT A IN or EXT B IN on the BCD when working with Traktor LE... ;-)
  6. laciga

laciga New Member

Hi all, i've tried every midi sw (almost) to send the program change 1 to channel one, but without succes. Could somebdy walk me through it?
    does traktor need to run first, then fire up ableton/logic/ etc then set the output of any/all to the bcd 3000, send the midi command and leave, or what is the correct order?
    the hardware seems ok, I could use the mic on the pc, but the mac still resists!
    Your help is greatly appreciated, tnx, Las
  7. mikesilence

mikesilence Forum Member

@eb_bcd

are you using windows or OSX?
  8. laciga

laciga New Member

I use OS X, the control panel settings worked on a Windows based pc, but I'd prefer to use it on a MacBook Pro.
    tnx, Las

btw: I tried to switch to external input (B) for my ipod - it did not work either. I heard a faint signal in the back (before you ask :), channel fader, crossfader, gain, master output and headphone volume were all checked), but could not get it on. And yes, I switched the phono preamp off by the button beside the inputs)
    Is there any way to get the external inputs working on OS X? - the do not even appear on the input selection list of the Traktor 3....
  9. mikesilence

mikesilence Forum Member

If you choose as audio interface "BCD3000 Aggregated" it should work by pressing the EXT IN B switch.
  10. laciga

laciga New Member

Thanks, but I do not have a device choice of 'BCD3000 aggregated' on audio in, I have only 'BCD3000' - im on 10.5 Leopard, though. Yesterday I checked the midi traffic with the fantastic little utility Midi Monitor. And however I tried to send midi codes to the BCD3000 - nothing happened to select input a (they suggest in the manual - send note 29 to the bcd3000, then it switches on the ext Input A). What happens howeever, when you push the Ext Input A button the BCD SENDS this code to the Traktor, which switches off the Deck A (correctly) and lits up the led, but the BCD itself does not reroute the input from Deck A to Ext Input A.

One more question: in the traktor preferences I am unable to set any input from the BCD - could this be the problem?

I tried the thing on ppc and intel mac, neither of them is working.

If I remember correctly, however, with Traktor LE, on the first install I had the option of BCD3000 aggregated, but this disappeared after the full version of Traktor install.

sry for the long explanation, but I would like to sort out the difficult affair of the BCD3000 and the mac... if this possible at all...
    Many thanks for your help, best wishes, Las
  11. mikesilence

mikesilence Forum Member

If you want to use the full version of Traktor you have to create the aggregated device by yourself. T3LE only creates it when it is started and deletes it when closed. Create it with BCD3000 inputs and outputs, set the clock to the outputs and then open Traktor. Choose the aggregated device with BCD inputs and outputs and choose the 1-2 out for master and 3-4 out for monitor. Then select 1-2 as inputs for Deck A and 3-4 as inputs for Deck B. Load the T3LEMidi.tks into Traktor and then all should work.
  12. Komako

Komako NI Product Owner

@mikesilence or someone else

How do I load the T3LEMidi.tks into Traktor LE?

I'm getting nuts about getting my bcd3000 work correctly with my macbook (speaker lineout from macbook and headphones out from the bcd 3000) I've tried all the suggestions in this forum and all the rest of the www, but when I managed to succeed, after a restart of T3SE, the mess is starting again.

The funny thing is, that I can't reproduce the failure. Sometimes it works with the setup like "LeShief" posted in a similar threat and after that, there is no sound with exactly the same configuration.

Your advice is my last chance!

Thanx in advance!
    Cheers, guys!
  13. Scartio

Scartio New Member

Same problem here. I'm running a MacBook with Leopard. Has ANYONE got the headphone's function working allright ? Please post a screenshot on which inputs to use. (Aggregated or not - and if aggregated - which devices ?)

Aside from the still existing problem with external input/mic.....

Scartio
  14. laciga

laciga New Member

I finally managed to get everything right....headphones, mic, external inputs.

How did I do it -

Step 1: aggregate device - you should create one in Utilities->Audio Midi Setup->Audio->Create Aggregate device (see screenshot1),

Step 2. The device then appears on the T3DJ and LE's audio device selection list, you should select it. (see screenshot2)

Step 3. Output and input routing to be set as screenshot3&4 (the BCD3000 needs to be switched on when you start your Traktor!)

To use the external input you only have to press now the Ext In B button -thats for cd/phono/mp3 player - phono preamp switched by the small black button near the RCA on the back of the BCD3000.
    To use Ext In A - phono only - push the button Ext In A.

To use the microphone on A: Traktror is running, then load the great application MidiPipe location:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/10541

- a small setting file is included (see my next post!), which transcodes the on-screen keyboard hit into Program change message 1 on channel 1 - or 0 depending on the key hit - push onscreen the lowest C sharp (first black keyt on the left for the Program change 1 = select mic as input A) or lowest C (first left white key on the left, for Program change 0= select phono as Input A).

You have to double click on midi out - and select the bcd3000 from the list first in MidiPipe,

The keyboard comes up if you double click on the "Keyboard" title in the pipes list.
    (see screenshot 5)

I hope this is clear, pls let me know if anything is not really understandable. The key to the whole process is: to create the aggregate device - this makes the BCD3000 inputs AND outputs simultaneously availab in Traktor, which otherwise thinks these two midi devices (two BCD 3000 appears in the audio card list - one for inputs and one for outputs) are different. That can be brought under one device's roof with the aggregate device - which has the added bonus of using the built in soundcard's I/O as well, eg you have 6 in and 6 out channels....

Best wishes, Las

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  15. laciga

laciga New Member

Part 2: most important: thanks and kudos to mikesilence and AlbertSh for the useful advice and DJ Arno for the remarkable .tks file!

Less important now the midipipe file (zipped) is also included - could not fin in the prev post - there are only five upload shots available....

This file should be opened with midipipe - after extraction, of course :)

Best wishes, Las

Attached Files:

16. shenbuu

shenbuu New Member

HEllo Mike...Can you please provide me a step by step instruction for getting the microphone (via XLR) working with the BCD3000 and traktor 3.3. I connected everything. I dont hear any sound in the level meters as of there is no activity in the mic section.I am using windows XP

These are the settings i have:

Monitor Channels 3-4
    Master Channels 1-2
    BCD control panel standard settings In - A MIC
    recording i set to internal as i record my mixes wthin traktor itself

It would be very helpful if you can tell me howto getthe microphone goin.. does it work like a TALKOVER or i will have to adjust volume wen i speak?
    please let me know
    regards
    Shenbu
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  17. mikesilence

mikesilence Forum Member

Hi Shenbu,

you prepared all necessary... if you select EXT IN A now for the first deck you should hear the microphone. But there will be no TALKOVER. :)

Greetz,

Mike
  18. mtbdad

mtbdad New Member

Mic Worked Once with Mike's advice, but now is very faint

I downloaded Ableton Live and set the program to 1. The microphone came to life! I was very happy. There was a delay however, very strange. Each word spoken delayed half a second through the speakers. I shut everything down, turned it all back on and repeated the settings. Now the mic works, but just barely. It's very faint. I have to turn the master volume all the way up and I still sound very far away and faint. Any ideas?

Thanks!
  19. mikesilence

mikesilence Forum Member

Did you turn up the mic input volume on the BCD? ;)
  20. mtbdad

mtbdad New Member

Where is that?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.