1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Classic Piano Collection?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by OhioBuckeye, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhioBuckeye

OhioBuckeye New Member

I've ordered the Alicia's Keys Instrument. Just too many good reviews and seems like it has a growing user base.

But I've seen very little in regards to the Classic Piano Collection. Any thoughts on this package? How come there is so little information/reviews on this product?

Anyone actually using and if so how does it compare to Alicia's Keys?

Thanks

OB
  2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon NI Product Owner

Classic Piano Collection was previously called Akoustik Piano, and there were lots of mixed reviews. Check them out. I, myself, am not impressed with any of NI's piano offerings.
  3. OhioBuckeye

OhioBuckeye New Member

Have you tried the Alicia Keys? Also what Piano VSTs do you suggest?

Thanks

OB
  4. kb123

kb123 NI Product Owner

On the Alicia's Keys, I really like it, and the fact that she used it to record her last album, and took it on tour would seem to indicate it was a pretty close approximation to the original.
  5. jonespnice

jonespnice NI Product Owner

Yes I agree that the Alicia's Keys sounds very nice. To me the classic piano collection is ok but I think you need to tweak them some before you really like them, but Alicia's Keys need no tweaking. It's definitely twice as good as the NI pianos.
  6. crfowler

crfowler New Member

I like the sound of Alicia's keys and enjoy playing it, but I don't think it has the widest dynamic range. I have had Akoustic Piano for a couple of years but never really bonded with it. It's fine, and it's certainly a leap forward from the days when I had rackmount piano units, but IMO there are better, cheaper pianos available if you have the full version of Kontakt (I *really* like some of the old PMI/Sampletekk libraries).

For mellow stuff I think Alicia's Keys is brilliant, but it wouldn't be my first choice for brighter sounding or up-tempo material.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.