1. Updated TRAKTOR hardware drivers for Mac OS 10.9 and 10.10

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10:

There is an important new driver update available for your TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1, AUDIO 2 DJ, AUDIO 4 DJ, or AUDIO 8 DJ. These drivers fix an issue which occasionally caused the hardware to disconnect.

We strongly recommend this update to anyone using these TRAKTOR products with Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10 to ensure the best possible hardware performance.

To install the latest driver, please follow the link for your device and select version 2.7.0 to download.

Update TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1
    Update AUDIO 2 DJ
    Update AUDIO 4 DJ
    Update AUDIO 8 DJ

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.8 or lower, please disregard this update.

Import Playlists without duplicating tracks in Collection?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Adrian Luvdup, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrian Luvdup

Adrian Luvdup New Member

Hi,

I was having a major problem with TP where everytime I added tracks to a Playlist they were duplicated at the end of the Track Collection.

A couple of other people on the forum mentioned they were experiencing the same thing but not enough to make me think it was a software bug – more something we must all have been doing wrong - therefore, I saved my Playlists to a seperate location on my HD and deleted my Track Collection in TP, then re-organized my music in iTunes, transferred the entire collection from iTunes again and did “Relocate” on a few hundred “stray” files. Bingo! Every track is now located and when I do add tracks to Playlists they no longer get duplicated in the Track Collection.

However, when I try to export the old Playlists back, all the tracks that are on the Playlists are once again added to the bottom of my Track Collection list. Is there any way to save these rather precious Playlists (which I have spent months fine tuning) so that I don’t end up with duplicates of all the tracks in them? Some are pretty big.
  2. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Which playlists are you exporting , the iTunes or Traktor.

When exporting a Traktor Playlist there is an option to "Copy Tracks To Destination" if you uncheck that Traktor will only export the NML (playlist).
    If you then Import the Playlist and Read Tags from the Playlist it will copy back the Playlist but not duplicate the tracks.

Karlos
  3. Adrian Luvdup

Adrian Luvdup New Member

Hello again Karlos,
    Can always count on you to get back with some sound advice quickly. I saved the Traktor Playlist files to a seperate folder before I wiped the Collection and now want to add them back.
    I always uncheck the "Copy Tracks to Destination" - so when I import these Playlists back I don't understand why the tracks appear as copies in my Track Collection. For example, I have 24,000 tracks in my cCollection, if I then import a Playlist with 500 tracks in it then my collection becomes 25,500. Most of these tracks have exclamation marks next to them but they're still added to my Track Collection.
    If I do "Read Tags" or even "Relocate" on these tracks, would this help?
    Maybe if I do "Relocate" I might get the "track already exists do you want to merge" option (I forget the exact wording as I'm not at home with Traktor Pro on) which might sort it out?
  4. Karlos Santos

When you import a Playlist there should be a Dialog asking where to import the Tags from just select Import tags from Playlist.

This should just import the Playlist not any MP3s. If the tracks have exclamation marks it beacuse the Paths are wrong. Thats fine just "relocate" and all should be cool. "track already exists do you want to merge" option will make sure you dont have doubles.

That should work.

Karlos
  5. Adrian Luvdup

Adrian Luvdup New Member

Thanks again Karlos - downloaded 6 of my Traktor Playlists (some have 1000+ tracks) and it's only added an extra 20 tracks to my Track Collection (this probably covers duplicates in my iTunes library that I deleted from my iTunes interface).
    That's absolutely brilliant - thanks again.
  6. Karlos Santos

Always a pleasure mate.

Have a good Xmas.
  7. Adrian Luvdup

Adrian Luvdup New Member

Likewise - and a crackin' 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.