1. Updated TRAKTOR hardware drivers for Mac OS 10.9 and 10.10

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10:

There is an important new driver update available for your TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1, AUDIO 2 DJ, AUDIO 4 DJ, or AUDIO 8 DJ. These drivers fix an issue which occasionally caused the hardware to disconnect.

We strongly recommend this update to anyone using these TRAKTOR products with Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10 to ensure the best possible hardware performance.

To install the latest driver, please follow the link for your device and select version 2.7.0 to download.

Update TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1
    Update AUDIO 2 DJ
    Update AUDIO 4 DJ
    Update AUDIO 8 DJ

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.8 or lower, please disregard this update.

Is Traktor Scratch Pro 2 and Traktor Pro 2 the same software?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by squidot, Apr 24, 2012.

1. squidot

squidot Forum Member

hey everyone,

quick question for you guys: is tsp 2 (and the upcoming 2.5) the same software as tp2 (and 2.5)?

i ask because i currently have an audio 8 dj with timecode vinyls, etc (old version of traktor scratch) and i just purchased an X1 which comes with traktor pro 2. would i be able to use traktor pro 2 with my timecode setup and the audio 8 dj for scratching and the like?

i would just try it out, but my x1 came with le2 and i cannot register my serial number through their site...so now i have to wait a week for support to send my email to germany so they can manually register my device and give me my software upgrade and $30 voucher.

thanks!
  2. bi!LY eagle

bi!LY eagle Forum Member

Yea it's the same. When upgrading to Scratch Pro 2, you put the new serial in, and you simply get the Scratch capability. You can also turn it off too in the program, w/ another mode. I don't actually use turntables/cd-decks right now, but I'm still using Scratch Pro 2 w/ a controller. I still like the feel and emulation, although I plan on getting some sort of decks soon.. Just not sure what yet.
  3. squidot

squidot Forum Member

ah, so it sounds like i would have to get a scratch pro 2 serial in order to get the capability working? i was hoping to avoid buying the upgrade to my original traktor scratch since i was getting a free copy of traktor pro 2 with the x1 and i already have all the other needed hardware.

guess im gonna have to get the special upgrade deal they are offering...at least its on sale :)

thanks for the help!
  4. to6ko91

to6ko91 NI Product Owner

nope traktor pro and scratch pro are different even n 2.5 ... scratch allows toy timecode support and pro doesnt
    you would need to upgrade your existing scratch pro to TSP2 as the traktor pro you got with the x1 is without the timecode support
    the upgrade to TSP2 is half price till the end of the month 39,50 €
  5. bi!LY eagle

bi!LY eagle Forum Member

Yes that's the 1 difference that went without saying.. Timecode support is implied by the "Scratch" designation.. Other than that, it's the same prog I believe..
  6. squidot

squidot Forum Member

very cool thanks for the replies. i actually have an order in for the tsp2 upgrade...which i put in 3 days ago and have yet to receive my serial number to activate. i ended up buying the x1 and figured if i could do it with tp2 i could just cancel since it's taking them forever anyhow. i've sent emails but i'm not really getting anywhere very quickly.

it's sad that i have this new toy to play with yet i cannot get them to give me the serial numbers i've paid for. i just bought a new laptop and i don't want to load my old scratch or the le2 that came with the x1.

thanks again guys.
  7. jrmysliw

jrmysliw New Member

I hope you have better luck than me. I bought the X1 for TP2 (had been using LE2). They told me to wait 5 days for the serial number to show up, it never did. They manually sent one. Now in service center i get the error that I don't have the correct base product. Been almost 2 weeks now.
  8. squidot

squidot Forum Member

that sounds awful and i'm just starting my journey with that. i emailed about my x1 and they told me i dont have to register it. which is funny because i gave them the 2 reasons i DO need to register it...tp2 and the $30 voucher in my x1 packaging. they said they would send the ticket to germany so they could manually register the x1 but that would take about 5 days.

it really kills me that i ordered the upgrade to tsp2 online, which states immediate download...then they dont email my serial to me. ugggh no wonder so many people just pirate things. it shouldnt take 2 weeks to get an activation code via email, especially for something i've paid for.
  9. dannybyrne29

dannybyrne29 NI Product Owner

if you already own a scratch licence which you do if you own TSP1 then you can upgrade to TSP2 easily just don't sell your old TSP otherwise you'll then need a scratch upgrade
  10. jrmysliw

jrmysliw New Member

I ended up getting my problem fixed last night. After proving to them over a week that it was no error of mine, they went back through the entire case and found that when they manually entered the X1 into their system, they entered it incorrectly.

This resulted in Service Center expecting to see a corresponding serial number for an X1 I did not have. Just keep harping on them, by phone helps too.