1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Kontakt 4.0.4 Standalone Unable To Launch / Crashes

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by razor@improperchannels.com, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razor@improperchannels.com

razor@improperchannels.com NI Product Owner

Hey Everyone

I recently bought Kontakt 4, installed, updated, then I authorized it.

Using it in ProTools 8.0.3 Le, and in Logic Pro 9.1 - I have no problems. But when I try launching it as a standalone, it crashes every time. Now I noticed that when it tries to launch, the Digi CoreAudio Manager also launches. So, I went to the preferences, and deleted the appropriate files, but this has not solved the problem!

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

All the best!
  2. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin New Member

I too have Kontakt 4 standalone crash problem. All other components of Komplete 6 work fine standalone and vst. Kontakt 4 works as vst only. Splash screen says "initializing audio driver".

This behavior only started after update of service center. Sent crash log to NI. Their response was to send me a link for "ASIO4ALL" driver. Everything else works so I dont think it's the driver.
  3. razor@improperchannels.com

Hey There

After some thinking about my problem, the fact that Kontakt in standalone was booting up the Digi CoreAudio Manager - I went to the plugins folder:

Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/Digidesign CoreAudio.plugin

then dragged the Digidesign CoreAudio.plugin to the desktop, and deleted the Kontakt pref in the Users/"your home"/Library/Preferences

I then restarted my computer, then booted up Kontakt with no problems!

So, I would find the ASIO plugin, and try my steps - hopefully this will work for you!

All the best RaZoR
  4. djacko

djacko NI Product Owner

RaZoR....Many greAt thAnks !
    I have struggled with this issue for some time, and just couldn't pull it together.
    Your post and solution worked for mE.
    This should be posted as a sticky for others with this problem !

ciao
    ~don
  5. razor@improperchannels.com

6. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin New Member

Can anyone lay this out for me in windows speak. I do not speak "Mac", and therefore do not understand the process of which you speak. I can't seem to find a preference file for Kontakt.

Help appreciated.
  7. djacko

djacko NI Product Owner

Starvin,
    I so don't know the windows archictecture_ wish I could help.

I think...if you could find 'Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/Digidesign CoreAudio.plugin'
    or some approximation, and carefully removed, and noted where it was in order to replace if it doesn't work. You might find some success.

Can't believe only a few of us have/had this issue ?

best
  8. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin New Member

I don't know what happened. One day everything was fine, the next day, CRASH. and oddly enough, no problems whatsoever as VSTi. What was troubling to me was the long wait for a response from NI, which was to blame the driver, which works with everything else I have including the rest of the Komplete 6 components. Oh well. I guess I'll beat my head against the wall some more and act as a software tech, and try to figure this out.
  9. razor@improperchannels.com

Hey There

My suggestion would be to find the ASIO driver, place it on the desktop, then restart your computer, then Kontakt.

Hopefully this will work.

All the best RaZoR
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.