1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Kontakt 5 and Cubase 5

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by korgoasys, Mar 9, 2012.

1. korgoasys

korgoasys New Member

Hi all,

This is my first post. I don't know which is the appropriate forum but I start here!

I have successfully installed, activated and upgraded Kontakt 5.0.2 from within Komplete 8 without mishap. It works fine. It is installed in Standalone mode. I have Cubase 5.5.2 as my DAW. I want to integrate K5 as a VST plug-in to C5. I find the C5 manual rather confusing and IT in general baffling.

I have an i7 950 3.06GHz 24GB Win 7+64 bit PC. K5 is on my OS drive. Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm sure the answer is fairly straightforward.

Regards,
    Patrick
  2. David Das

David Das Moderator

There should be detailed instructions in the Cubase manual on how to instantiate a VSTi in Cubase and then get to using it.
  3. korgoasys

korgoasys New Member

David,

Many thanks.

It is indeed in my Cubase 5 manual at pages 171-3 which covers inter alia VST 2 plug-ins which I assume K5 is, having .dll files.

I now have to get round a numpty point in identifying my' Cubase application folder' because 'Cubase' crops up a few times on my OS hard drive with its various sub-folders. You must despair questions like this and to be honest, I get somewhat embarassed in raising quite a simple point on an internet forum but I'm certain I'm not alone and answers may well help others in similar situations. When I loaded K5, I used all the default settings so I have 32 bit and 64 bit separate entries.

Kind Regards,
    Patrick
  4. David Das

David Das Moderator

Not a problem. I hope you understand, I'm not trying not to evade the question; I'm just hoping it's easier to get the specific and concise answer out of your manual instead of me having to retype it laboriously here. :)
  5. Klutch

Klutch Forum Member

Copy your Kontact DLL into cubase VST folder. C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase5\VSTPlugins\Synth.
  6. korgoasys

korgoasys New Member

Klutch,

Thank you. I've been away for a few days and have just picked up your post to the thread. I'll be trying this route when I get a quiet moment. I'll probably wonder what all the fuss was about.!

Regards,
    Patrick
  7. korgoasys

korgoasys New Member

Klutch,

I've done what you advised. I open Cubase 5 >Devises>VST Instruments but no K5 shows up on the drop-down menu. Where could it be? The K5.dll folder does show up though on the VST Plug-ins page on C5. I must be close ?

Regards,
    Patrick
  8. korgoasys

korgoasys New Member

So close............and yet so far..................................

I'm wearing my mouse out and suspect a repetitive strain injury coming on.

To pass the time:- " There are 2 ducks in front of a duck and 2 ducks behind a duck and a duck in between a duck. How many ducks are there ? ".

C5 here would love to know if only K5 could show up.

Regards,
    Patrick
  9. korgoasys

korgoasys New Member

Hi all,

Cured, I'm very happy to say. I got C5 to recognise K5 from within the VST 2x Plug-in Paths folder. Simple, of course but to the uninitiated it's somewhat different. Thank you for helping and perhaps just viewing.

Regards,
    Patrick