1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

"Kontakt Factory Library" and "Kontakt 4 Library"...

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by skittlegirl, Nov 29, 2012.

1. skittlegirl

skittlegirl New Member

Hi,

I've been using Kontakt 4, and just recently upgraded it to Kontakt 5 on top of the previous version.

I realized that I have two Kontakt Libraries : "Kontakt 4 Library" and "Kontakt Factory Library".

Is this "Kontakt Factory Library" the one that Kontakt 5 will use?

Also, I'm not planning to use Kontakt 4 anymore, is it okay for me to delete "Kontakt 4 Library"? (If there's no problem doing so, I'll move it to my external hard disk in case I need to work on old projects which used Kontakt 4.)

And finally, what's the difference between "Kontakt 4 Library" and "Kontakt Factory Library" folders? "Kontakt 4 Library" is like 20GB bigger than "Kontakt Factory Library" with a lot more files, and I'm wondering if "Kontakt Factory Library has way less sounds than the previous version.

Thanks in advance.
  2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon NI Product Owner

Kontakt Factory Library is Kontakt 5, yes.

The difference is that K5 library is using NCW lossless compression for samples, which are also packed to NKX monoliths. K4 library doesn't have it like this.

If you've used K4 factory library in any of your projects, you should keep it for compatibility with those projects.
  3. skittlegirl

skittlegirl New Member

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info, EvilDragon.

I was surprised that the size of Kontakt 5 library is much smaller than Kontakt 4. I'm glad I upgraded it.