Maschine/Ableton MIDI control mode

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by split_sides, Oct 24, 2011.

1. split_sides

split_sides New Member

Hi guys

I just purchased a Maschine last week, and am using it solely as a MIDI controller within Ableton (no Standalone).

The issue I'm having, is that Maschine will work for approx 10 mins - by this, I mean, the pads, knobs, everything will respond to my touch and correspond in Ableton. After this period, Maschine just stops. It's still switched on, lights still on, but the pads, knobs, etc won't respond at all.

I've already uninstalled the Maschine library, template files, everything and reinstalled it.

I'm using a Macbook Pro - OS X 10.5.8
    Maschine is version 1.7.1 (but still shows up in the Service Update as requiring me to download this version - another story!)

And of course, I have the Maschine selected in Ableton's Control Surfaces, plus as an input and output.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm at my wit's end!

Thanks

Ross
  2. split_sides

split_sides New Member

Anyone? I think I may have to email Native Instruments at this rate..
  3. sowari

sowari Moderator

could you contact tech support about this.

what version of Ableton are you using?

one or two other users have had this issue. fwiw, i am not getting this problem.

sowari
  4. split_sides

split_sides New Member

Hi again

I seem to have got everything working, and stable!

(I'm using Ableton 8.2.5, by the way)

I don't know if this helps anyone else, but I always have the Controller Editor running in the background - don't close the window.

I also made sure that the template files and support files that you copy into Ableton's Resources folder were done EXACTLY the way that is shown in the documentation AND youtube videos. For some reason, I previously had these files in all manner of places within Ableton's folders (not sure if this was messing things up)

I also ensured that within Ableton's Preferences, I have the Maschine's inputs and outputs selected with 'Track' and 'Remote' enabled, but not 'Sync'.

Hope this helps others.

Ross
  5. TheStreisandEffect

TheStreisandEffect Forum Member

6. sowari

sowari Moderator

thanks for replying, sorry for some reason your post was unapproved.

sowari