No sound coming out of laptop speakers

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by denloic, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denloic

denloic New Member

I bought guitar rig kontrol 3 like 2 days ago and haven't been able to use it cause i have no sound coming out of my laptop.
    I have the pedal connected to my Pc and my guitar to the pedal, no speakers or anything else.
    All i know is that when i strum my guitar the green lights on my pedal lighten up, so its not my guitar that isn't connected.

My Audio and MIDI settings are:
    Driver: Asio
    Device: Rig Kontrol 3
    Sample rate: 44100
    Latency: 264 samples

I can change the driver to wasapi, and then my device is Rig kontrol 3 WDM or conexant highdef smartaudio 221. The first 1 doesnt change anything at all, while the 2nd 1 has sound, but its the sound coming from my laptops mic so i can hear myself talk.

I rly would like to able to use gr4 asap so anyone is welcome to help.

thx
  2. ew

ew Moderator

Welcome =)

With ASIO drivers, the same device needs to be used for input and output. Hook up a pair of powered speakers,/your stereo/what have you to RK's line outs.

ew
  3. denloic

denloic New Member

Thx for the reply, =)

If you mean i need to hook up speakers to my laptop, i tried that and nothing happened.
    And if you mean i need to hook up speakers to the pedal itself; i did consider doing that with my old amp, but i don't have enough cabels to hook up both my guitar and the amp. Though I am planning to go to the store and buy some cabels and perhaps some additional speakers.
    I rly hope that the problem is as simple as that, cause then i'll be able to play real soon.
  4. ew

ew Moderator

Yes, the problem's as simple as that.

I wouldn't use a guitar amp and cab though- remember GR's always stereo out, and the amp and speakers are going to color the sound.. Either use powered speakers or have RK's outs going to a line/tape in of your stereo.

ew
  5. denloic

denloic New Member

So what you're saying is that i just have to buy some decent speakers, connect them to my pedal and then the problem is solved right?
  6. ew

ew Moderator

Powered speakers. The RK outputs are line level- not speaker level.

ew
  7. denloic

denloic New Member

And what's a powered speaker? =S
    Sry about this but i really don't know anything about this -.-'
  8. ew

ew Moderator

A speaker with a built in amp.

ew
  9. denloic

denloic New Member

oh ok i got it, now i have to go and buy some.
    thx for the help ew!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.