Problem when connecting CDJ-2000

Discussion in 'DJ Controllers' started by CDK, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDK

CDK New Member

Hi all!
    I have a major problem when I try to configure my CDJ-2000 i occur a single problem which is making me go nuts.

I have connected the two cdj 2000 to a usb hub and connected the usb hub to my MacBook Pro.
    From here I've created a "new" soundcard which includes my two cdj 2000's.
    Setting them up on the cdj 2000's is pretty easy, yes. But! after I have set the decks for deck 1 and 2 I get this problem.
    Deck 1 plays the track normally and I get the sound from deck 1. But on deck 2 I can control deck 2 in traktor but there is absolutely NO sound coming out from the second cdj 2000. I can control the track on deck 2, I can see it playing, but I am not getting ANY sound at all.
    I have, of course, checked the sound inputs on the djm 800 and there is nothing wrong, not even when playing a regular cd.

I have followed various instructions on youtube with no result.

Can you guys help me?

Regards
    Christian
  2. kentadj

kentadj Forum Member

i had the same problem but after i restarted traktor i got both working when both usb cables connected to computer.
  3. CDK

CDK New Member

Okay, I'll try that on friday, any other suggestions?
  4. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor

Hey CDK,

Welcome to the forum. What type of hub are you using. Is it a powered one (has it's own power supply)?

Have you checked your output routing? Do you have it set to internal when you are trying to mix externally?
  5. CDK

CDK New Member

Hi!
    I have a powered usb hub (external power source)
    I have set the mixing mode to external and there I have set the output to be:
    Channel A, left channel is no. 2 and right channel is no.3

I am using Traktor Pro.
    EDIT:
    In Traktor, I don't get any option to select "CDJ 2000 rack 0" or "CDJ 2000 Rack 1"
  6. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor

So you've created an aggregate device that includes both CDJ's? And you can't select this aggregate device?
  7. CDK

CDK New Member

I can easily select the aggregated device. But I can't get any sound out from deck B. I can control deck b with number two Cdj. But i am not getting any sound.
  8. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor

Can you post a screen shot of your output routings?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.