1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Royalty Free?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by rafaelogee, Dec 31, 2011.

1. rafaelogee

rafaelogee New Member

Just Want To Know If The Native Instruments Maschine Projects Are Royalty Free? Can I Take A Project, Organize It In My Own Manner, Add My Own Twists To It And Claim It As Mine? Can I Copyright It As Mine If I Do So?

Thanks In Advance. Just Got True School. Dope Stuff. Thanks For The Voucher And The Skanner Synth! Much Love To You Guys At NI! Happy New Year :D
  2. PulCzar

PulCzar Forum Member

Surely the answer to that would be yes. You bought the rights to use the included sounds as part of the software package to use and abuse... whether mangled or not.
    Here's an example: Jurassic Jerk
  3. atrafcomrades

atrafcomrades Forum Member

mAyBe YoU SHoUlD TyPe lIkE ThIs iTs mUCh bEtTeRrRRr
  4. unclebezo

unclebezo Forum Member

Why not write your own patterns and mix?
  5. rafaelogee

rafaelogee New Member

@pulczar thank you for your reply. @atrafcomrades you should go help your mom cook dinner because your obviously waisting time on here. @unclebezo yes i do produce my own stuff but there are some maschine projects especially some in true school that are so amazing that I would want to put on my album.

I Would Like To Hear From Someone Who Works At Native Instruments Because They Would Have A Definitive Answer. I Want To Be Extra Sure Because Copyright Is Something Very Serious.
  6. unclebezo

unclebezo Forum Member

True School is a great collection.
  7. arachnaut

arachnaut NI Product Owner

Tough crowd over here.

The EULA in your Maschine folder has all the legalese. Here's the gist:

"The provided samples, instruments and presets can be used for commercial or non-commercial music and audio productions without the prior permission from Native Instruments under the terms of this Agreement."
  8. awol9000

awol9000 NI Product Owner

hahahahhahahhahhaha
  9. DjbigSmoke

DjbigSmoke Forum Member

yeah i alwayz wondered bout this too. cuz there are hella dope projects on there.. i really like this one on vintage heat i wanna use so i just redrumed it and hella broke it down to my own arrangment so cleary its my own mix of it.. so i cant see no prob and its fully legit i messed wit it..
  10. THE WIDOWMAKER

THE WIDOWMAKER NI Product Owner

it is much like patterns on the 909, electribes etc. Yes - they are there to be used.

If in fact you think you can take them and hold your head up high enough in your respective field of choice then they are free.
  11. Fuselier

Fuselier Forum Member

Quite, do you really wanna lift the demo song and its sounds and claim it to be truly yours? unless that's your slant and has an artistically merited concept I would think you'd be outed for failing to be creative. I still have my own internal battle when using some of the kits and sounds supplied with Maschine as I like to sample and engineer my own kits but sometimes the supplied kits just work better. So there is no legal problem using the bundled sounds with Maschine but the main point of contention is whether you would want to.
  12. Mystic38

Mystic38 Forum Member

that does not seem to cover the projects themselves...just the sounds that they are based upon.. i would view them (the projects) in the same way i would any other song...
  13. Max Lober

Max Lober Forum Member

That just doesn't seem right to do....,
    it may be legal, but as a producer it's most definitely against my morals.
  14. TraumaBeatsDrama

TraumaBeatsDrama NI Product Owner

Remember, they're demos and not chart toppers for a reason.
    They may be catchy, but they are mainly there for you to learn.

You will be called on it. and if you wouldn't care, i'd say go for it.

I would care though lol.
  15. extra_medium

extra_medium New Member

There are plenty of chart toppers that sound like synth workstation demos to me. Hell, some of them actually have been. :)

And yeah I was going to say you'll eventually get called out on using them. Swizz came out OK though, so it's up to you.
  16. DjbigSmoke

DjbigSmoke Forum Member

I just like the bass and lead but i truly do my own original beats but this one got that westcoast groove on it that ive been searchin for, i still ripped it down and maybe elimated some things but since i am almost remixing it i should be allowed to claim is as a original beat but i guess its a questionable thing still.
  17. TraumaBeatsDrama

TraumaBeatsDrama NI Product Owner

if you change one simple thing, id like to say you are fine.

at that point there is only similar patterns. if this wasn't the case, every pattern that comes with the drum groups would be illegal to use.

take 'ice ice baby' as an example.
  18. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator

It's like this, make your own beats. Does not really matter if it's legal or not. Don't be soft. Now if you just took a drum pattern or synth line as an element of your own song then fine. But don't beat jack. Just not cool.
  19. DjbigSmoke

DjbigSmoke Forum Member

and thats the thing about those projects is you can name any of the scenes you want and groups and really change Sh*t up like you can arranged them backwards if u wanted too, and eliminate certain parts so bascially its your remix/original mixdown of the project and me im just using a bassline and lead that maschine already did.. so yeah i totally think its allgood.. yeah I think WERE GOOD PEOPLE! lol
  20. djwaxxy

djwaxxy Forum Member

I guess you could say its your song but morely and talent wise its not your song.the projects are only there too show you what maschine is capable off the same way most synths come with a demo song built in.

If your taking a project and trying to pass it off as your own you will get quickly found out and wont win any friends or fans for stealing someone elses talent.

You should use the projects as a insperational kick start and write something yourself if you havent got the patience or any scrap of talent then i suggest you sell maschine and just use sample cds instead.