SoundPack Installation Problem

Discussion in 'Product Installation and Activation' started by jimtdavis@cox.net, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimtdavis@cox.net

jimtdavis@cox.net NI Product Owner

I'm having a hard time installing the '57 Drawbar Organ SoundPack. The "Free" Kore Player is installed on a second internal HD and registered. When I try to install the SoundPack I get the message " The Kore 2 Sample content folder could not be found. Please install Kore 2 with the Kore 2 sample content before running this installer" Any ideas?
  2. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Welcome =)

You definitely shouldn't be getting that.

Have you rebooted since you installed the Kore player? If not, do so and then try the sound pack install again.

ew
  3. jimtdavis@cox.net

OK, just restarted and ran the installer again - no help. Any other ideas ?

Attached Files:

4. Flatsi

Flatsi New Member

I've had this happen. Kore loses the path to your Kore sample content folder. The Sound Pack installers look for this preference, and if it's lost, it gives you the error message (and doesn't give you the option to locate the folder manually).

The only solution (AFAIK) is to reinstall the Kore library from the original disk (and run the updates), then run your Sound Pack installer.

Cheers
    Simon
  5. Cornelius @ NI

Cornelius @ NI NI Team NI Team

The issue you describe is a specific problem on your machine, and you might want to contact our support team for more detailed help.

In general, Kore 2 and Kore Player share one sample path. This path is set by Kore 2 or, if Kore 2 is not installed, by Kore Player. The Kore Soundpacks check that path and automatically install into the given location, as the samples need to reside there for proper operation.
    Therefore, all samples coming with Kore 2, Kore Player or the Kore Soundpacks must not be moved after installation.

The message you receive from the installer should be shown if no sample path is configured at all, though. You can check this easily - presumably, you cannot load any of the sample-based sounds coming with Kore Player, for instance "Standing Jazz Bass". If so, our support team will be able to re-configure the sample path. Alternatively, you can follow Flatsi's advice, as the Kore 2 installer overwrites all previous settings.

Hope this helps!
    Best, Cornelius.
  6. jimtdavis@cox.net

Thanks to all for the support. To Cornellius, I'm running Kore thru Logic 8 and it's funny that some instruments loaded normally and others generated the "Sample Missing" dialogue box. Specifically, the "Standing Jazz Bass" was "missing in action" but after manually choosing the path, it and everything else seemed to load and play correctly. That of course is the good news, the bad news is the '57 Drawbar Organ" still won't install even after a restart. Maybe do a re-install as Flatsi suggested ?

Thanks again
    Jim
  7. volantiz

volantiz New Member

I have the same problem when i try to install my synthetic drums pack on my laptop. I've uninstalled and then reinstalled kore2 a couple of times, but still the same problem.
  8. jimtdavis@cox.net

volantiz,

I solved my problem by reinstalling the Kore player to it's default location in the application folder on the main hard drive and then installing the soundpack to a location of my choice on a 2nd hard drive where my samples reside. Hope this helps.

Jim
  9. Marius @ NI

Marius @ NI NI Team Moderator NI Team

Hi,

usually you define the sample content folder when you install Kore 2/Kore Player the first time. All subsequent Soundpack installers including samples will use this folder. The sample content folder path will be entered into the Kore 2/Kore Player plist file and serves as reference for those Soundpack installers. You will get into problems when you either delete the Kore 2/Kore Player plist files or when you move the sample content folder.

Other possible problems could be:

- The path name of the sample content folder includes special characters.

- A certain folder or the plist file has not the correct permissions.

- The hard disc you install to is formatted with the option "case sensitive".
  10. volantiz

volantiz New Member

My drive is formatted with the case sensitive option. Do i have to reformat my drive just to be able to use the soundpacks for Kore 2?

And i can't find any "sample content folder path"-node in /Applications/Kore 2/Kore2/Contents/Info.plist .. so in which plist would that be in? Maybe something went wrong there (for example because of the case sensitivity)..

The folders seem to have correct permissions.
  11. curzen

curzen New Member

can anyone help me? My Kore 2 only shows the Kore 2 sounds and not all of the Komplete 5 sounds. Everything installed well. Struggling! please help!
  12. curzen

curzen New Member

Sorted now. I needed to download the kore 2 sounds installer found in the updates! yummy sounds now!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.