1. Updated TRAKTOR hardware drivers for Mac OS 10.9 and 10.10

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10:

There is an important new driver update available for your TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1, AUDIO 2 DJ, AUDIO 4 DJ, or AUDIO 8 DJ. These drivers fix an issue which occasionally caused the hardware to disconnect.

We strongly recommend this update to anyone using these TRAKTOR products with Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10 to ensure the best possible hardware performance.

To install the latest driver, please follow the link for your device and select version 2.7.0 to download.

Update TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1
    Update AUDIO 2 DJ
    Update AUDIO 4 DJ
    Update AUDIO 8 DJ

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.8 or lower, please disregard this update.

Sync 2 laptops running traktor.. Possible?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by onno, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onno

onno Forum Member

Hey there!

I was wondering if anybody managed to sync 2 computers running traktor succesfully using midi timecode.

I have been testing it but without luck.

First of all it takes Traktor really long to get to the right BPM (Being sent from the other computer) and when it finally finds it, it's way out of phase. I don't see why it's so hard to read the timecode as Ableton can do it in a split second.

The way Traktor finds the right bpm (going faster and slower untill it finds the right bpm in the middle, try it to see what i mean) is a disaster, also when you would like to resync mid set.

It really looks like there is something way wrong with the timecode that Traktor sends out as well, because when i try to slave ableton to traktor on one laptop I have to resync it every ten minutes or so.

So, has anybody tried any of this with succes? :confused:

Hope to hear from you!

ONNO
  2. Ancipital

Ancipital NI Product Owner

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  3. onno

onno Forum Member

so it doesnt work..

ok.. so it seems it really doesnt work..

How the %^& can NI advertise that its working then..

I'll email support about it..
  4. selector97

selector97 NI Product Owner

i can sync traktor to external clock, so why not sync both traktors to an external midi clock then it works
  5. kdupkid

kdupkid NI Product Owner

Check back

I will be posting a video on this soon
  6. onno

onno Forum Member

Thanks for the replies :)

I tried to sync both computers to ableton running on one of the computers, but without luck. Are you using an outboard device to send out the midiclock?

That would be ace! thanks :)
  7. dsyben

dsyben Forum Member

Sorry for my ignorance but can someone please explain how I actually connect two computers to use this functionality? I have Traktor running on my desktop and laptop. Would I use a network cable to connect them? The desktop has an audifile soundcard with midi i/o connections but laptop i run a a numark DJ i/o external soundcard.

Look forward to a response....
  8. Project333

Project333 NI Product Owner

Check Out....!
  9. onno

onno Forum Member

Just connect them using a midi cable from the midi out of the computer you want to serve as master to the midi in of the slave..
  10. dsyben

dsyben Forum Member

My PC has a midi in/out on the Audiofile soundcard but the Laptod has external Numark DJ i/o which only has RCA outs.

Does that mean I cannot use this sync functionality?
  11. kdupkid

kdupkid NI Product Owner

Sorry

Sorry about the long time to post the video, I have not had a chance to upload it.

More importantly, I have had a chance to attempt a 2 computer configuration, and I was unable to sync the two. Traktor's midi resolution is not YET good enough for this, but this may very well be fixed with the update.
  12. Ed Calgari

Ed Calgari New Member

Hi i come from italy and my english is not very well..I'm trying to sync two laptops one using TSP and the other using reason but it really doesn't work! i want TSP to be the master and reason the slave how can i do it?i've already checked all the settings and looked around on the forum..thx
  13. D-Satori

D-Satori New Member

I am looking forward to the video.....I hope you can fix this soon.
    To bad things aren't work the way we wanna with that midi synch. Does somebody know how long this take before NI has an update?

Other question;
    We booth connect our laptops with a crosslink cable. We have two apples. But is there a function in the preference where one traktor needs to find the other traktor and aplly them toghter. A friend of my send me some printscrs of traktor 3. Here you see a function where you can set one traktor to master mode. Also you see a function where one traktor can apply the other traktor.
    We didn't see this on traktor pro. I guess there have change it.
    If one traktor is standing on AUTO SYNCH and the other on EXT is that enough to let the two traktors communicate?

Attached Files:

14. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

Traktor 3 DOES NOT RECEIVE MIDI CLOCK
  15. trakyparty

trakyparty New Member

is anybody actually tried and suceed this ?

i'm interestedn in traktor pro - traktor pro combination . just some back2back mixing perfectly in sync
  16. D-Satori

D-Satori New Member

Good quesation

I bought Traktor pro to play back 2 back with 2 laptops.
    Traktor Pro is making big promotion that this is posible. But it doens't work. What the F... are the making promotion about.

Did somebody succed this is a good question? And if somebody succed how to do this then?

What kind a cable we need? And what are the steps to make this work.

Traktor is making promotion about this, but I can't find in any manuel a subscibtion how to do this.....

HElP :(
  17. SirComeAlot

SirComeAlot NI Product Owner

if it don't work, why put it in?

I agree with what's being said here, I'm very surprised NI has put a feature in, brags about it , and it doesn't seem to work:confused:

I hope this gets fixed soon, has NI confirmed the problem and announced they will fix it yet?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.