Time Stretching Loops...

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Fahrenheit 451, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Fahrenheit 451

Fahrenheit 451 Forum Member

I would love it if I could time stretch loops in Maschine... I'm still somewhat new to Maschine but it would be a nice feature. One I use a lot in Logic Pro 9.
  2. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

3. adaptogen

adaptogen Forum Member

try it if you can

Maybe you should test first grain stretch within the Mashine..Don't say no...go for it....
  4. dchoi

dchoi Forum Member

Are you talking about stretching the length while maintaining the pitch for the sample. if so +1000000. I shouldnt have to resort to audacity to do basic functions such as this.
  5. zeoka

zeoka Forum Member

Maschine audio is WONDERFUL idea
    None say no....
    Money,will,time,ingenious programmers,quality of result........
    First improve maschine midi&vst
  6. _ceone

_ceone NI Product Owner

VST's was not the first purpose of maschine (I mean as a sample-based production center), time-stretch should has been there since the beginning.

VST's are a great addition I agree their support have to be improved too (and a lot!) but I'd prefer to see time-stretch implemented as soon as possible.
  7. zeoka

zeoka Forum Member

8. alien_brain

alien_brain Account Suspended

i think this should remain an offline process where you input the tempo and the number of 16th notes you wish the result to be stretched to, having already truncated the source recording. this would mean you would need to stay at one tempo but of course could make multiple versions for different tempos.
  9. sytrusze

sytrusze Forum Member

In my opinion, MASCHINE is complete....EXCEPT for time-stretching. This would make my life so much easier :)
  10. dilliot2k

dilliot2k NI Product Owner

you should able to lock your samples lenth to a quarter note, a 8th note, a sixteenth note, a full bar, two bars, eight bars. FL studio does this with no sweat, I don't see why Maschine shouldn't be able to do this too. I would rather have maschine do it, then rewire FL studio to maschine wasting my ram.

We got to keep letting native instruments know we want this , till they give it too us, or they are not gonna do it.
  11. sytrusze

sytrusze Forum Member

@ Dilliot2k, totally true. I keep falling back to the old FL studio only because of the time-stretching function
  12. Fahrenheit 451

Fahrenheit 451 Forum Member

I feel the same way... An Incredible piece of hardware and software combination like Maschine should have a way to do time-stretching. It's very common in most apps today. When I'm working with Maschine I am constantly having to switch to Logic to time-stretch a sample/loop. I'm using Logic more and more as a utility program then anything else. I compose all my work in Maschine instead of Logic Pro now. Not that I would get rid of Logic but if I don't need to load Logic it would save a great deal of memory.
  13. alien_brain

alien_brain Account Suspended

none of your beloved classic drum sample units like the sp1200 or any mpc automatically stretch loops for you. how do you think the people using those machines did it? why do you need it so bad? cant you persevere? make it work through hard work? you people dont think that request goes beyond the scope of a drum sample playback interface? isnt the whole idea that youre supposed to use maschine as a vsti inside a host? you wanna talk about bloating? i think time stretch will bloat the interface.
  14. Fuselier

Fuselier Forum Member

I think the whole point of why people want time stretching, for me anyway, is for use in a live situation where you are not tied rigidly down to a strict tempo. If I'm following a live drummer I would want my samples to follow the fluctuations in tempo, If I have the fixed sample tempo then a drummer would have to listen to what is coming off my instrument, which is not always feasible if I'm just dropping a sample here and there. Also for studio work the method of going to an alternate l time stretching program negates creative flow, especially if you are doing remixes and trying out different tempos.

The sampling side of Maschine I think needs addressing at some point anyway, which will probably happen once time stretch is integrated as to whether it will bloat the interface or not is unclear.
  15. noiserot

noiserot Forum Member

Are you aware you can already do everything you're talking about within Maschine with plugins (which can also be saved as a Maschine module)?
  16. _ceone

_ceone NI Product Owner

I think the point is exactly to do that without additionnal plugin as a native feature.
  17. Fuselier

Fuselier Forum Member

No I didnt! There are plug ins that can stretch samples in real time? are they any good? and how much cpu are dozens of the vst going to chew up over all the pads?
  18. noiserot

noiserot Forum Member

There's a few different ways to timestretch in Maschine currently, until built-in realtime timestretch arrives in a later update.

There's the old school way using Maschine's built-in sampler to get that lofi timestretch:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119404

And of course, you can use any VST/AU plugin that does timestretching like Reaktor, Kontakt, Melodyne...etc. and there are also free plugins like stwETCH and Speedster.

There's even a Reaktor timestretch ensemble for using in Maschine:
    https://www.native-instruments.com/...L=1&type=0&ulbr=1&plview=detail&patchid=10051
  19. zeoka

zeoka Forum Member

This thread is for "stretched loops" or timestrech fx ?

I was talking about tsp2 sample decks in maschine ! ( o answers in my thread wow ! )

We could open a sampler , a sample deck , or vsti:vstfx. NICE

-stretched loops : kontakt ,twisted tools mp16

-stretch fx : maschine,finger,turnado,buffeater,shutter edit,effectrix..........
  20. smithwessen

smithwessen NI Product Owner

Time stretch is essential to cut out the middle man , be it some horrendous vst workflow or be it using a host just to stretch loops/chops etc,

keep it all in the box and and bring the users a sleek workflow, heads have been requesting timestretch since 2009, talk about bloat...................:angry: