1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

traktor pro 2 and hercules rmx

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by mikereed, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikereed

mikereed New Member

hi everyone,
    ive been djing for 18 years and ive been digital for about 4 years now. ive always used virtual dj with minimal complaints but i really want to switch to traktor. i have my eye on traktor pro 2 but i have a few questions.

will my hercules rmx work well with traktor pro 2?
    also is it possible to use my hercules and also use the traktor control x1 at the same time like just for the effects while i use the hercules for all the main functions?
    thanks in advance
    mike
  2. squeakyneb

squeakyneb NI Product Owner

I just tested it out for you with a Hercules DJ Control MP3 E2. You'll need to map everything manually, but it will work as a "Generic MIDI device". I only mapped the crossfader, just for the test, but it was fine.
  3. mikereed

mikereed New Member

also im on a toshiba satelite laptop with i7 proccessor and 4mb ram if that helps
  4. squeakyneb

That shouldn't matter. If it can run Traktor, it can run Traktor with a MIDI controller. Just buy any controller you like the look of, that has the controls you want. Read reviews, too.
  5. DJ Phatso

DJ Phatso Forum Member

6. squeakyneb

7. mikereed

mikereed New Member

finances r a little tight so id like to utilize the controller i have while adding to it at a low cost thats why i wanted to use the x1 and the hercules simultaneously is it possible?
  8. squeakyneb

Yeah, it should be possible. You might find that the mappings put the same control on both of them (such as a play button on both controllers), so you may need to remap one or both of the controllers to get the most of your setup. There shouldn't be any problems caused by using two controllers.
  9. DJ Phatso

DJ Phatso Forum Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.